Lee-Bo Scarlet Security provides manned security services to remote plant operations in Kitimat, BC. Under the leadership of the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager, the Lee-Bo Scarlet Security team consists of approximately 90 security, Safety & Training and administrative personnel who work on a fly-in, rotational basis. The IT Support Technician is a key member of the site team who provides assistance to company, and some client, personnel on a daily basis.
Working back-to- back with another IT professional, the IT Support Technician position is based in Kitimat, BC and works a 14 day on/14 days off rotation. Team members are flown to site via chartered aircraft from Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, or Edmonton. Gourmet food, private accommodations, recreation, and entertainment facilities are provided without charge while at site.
The IT Support Technician works 12 hours per day, generally during the daytime with occasional evening work when required. The position reports to the Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager, on a rotational basis and works closely with client IT and security personnel.
The duties of the IT Support Technician role include, but are not limited to:
- Having a thorough working knowledge of the client’s site security systems (ID/badging access control/intrusion detection and video surveillance systems), fire alarm systems and project radio network
- Working closely and collaboratively with the client’s IT and Security departments regarding the daily operation and use of these systems
- Developing and maintaining a Local Area Network (LAN) for use by security personnel
- Assisting new security team members in obtaining log-in credentials and creating profiles
- Training new security team members in the operation and use of the client’s site security systems, the use of handheld scanners, the project radio system and the operation of fire alarm systems
- Assisting security personnel with IT, and technical security system issues
- Conducting regular audits of technical equipment
- Assisting client IT personnel in troubleshooting issues related to the client’s site security systems
- Collaborating with client IT and other technical service providers in system optimization
- Assisting client security department in internal investigations (obtaining ID scan records and/or CCTV video)
- Monitoring Scarlet’s In-Vehicle Monitoring System (IVMS) records for potential issues
- Providing a variety of daily, weekly and/or monthly reports for Scarlet and the client related to scan records or other security system functions
- Other duties as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Proof of Double Vaccination required
- High School Diploma and valid Class 5 BCDL or equivalent
- Post-secondary degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Telecommunications or an equivalent combination of experience and formal education
- Minimum two years of experience working in IT and/or security systems-related roles
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems, IT components, data security and privacy principles
- High degree of honesty, integrity, discretion and professionalism
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and report writing abilities
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A leadership mindset with a collaborative approach to relationship building
- A natural ability to form meaningful, trust-based relationships with colleagues, clients and other internal and external stakeholders
- A relentless commitment to excellence in all aspects of service delivery
- Broad-based problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability with the ability to easily adapt to changing conditions and priorities
- Applicants must pass a pre-access alcohol and drug test and strictly adhere to the project alcohol and drug policy
- Applicants must pass a background and criminal history verification check
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Previous experience working on large construction sites, ideally in the security industry
- Previous experience installing, maintaining, or working with CCTV, alarm and/or electronic access control systems
- Experience in training others in IT or Security Systems applications and use
· Paid transportation to and from site from Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna and Vancouver airports. Residents of Kitimat and surrounding areas will be provided with bus transportation to site.
· Food and housing provided at no cost
· Extended Health Benefits after probation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.39 per hour
- Due to travel requirements, Do you have proof of double vaccination?
- Do you have and maintain a Class 5 drivers license?
- Are you able to work 14 days out of town and 14 days off?
- What is your earliest start date?
- IT support: 2 years (preferred)