PROJECT MANAGER (CAPITAL INVESTMENT)
FULL-TIME REGULAR POSITION
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
The position of Project Manager entails the responsibility for the management of a multitude of projects ranging from
minor to major renovation along with the enlargement or construction of new buildings such as housing, schools, student
residences, warehouses, and garages. Under the supervision and in collaboration with the Coordinator of Capital Project,
the Project Manager will:
- Identify and manage minor and major capital projects by estimating the costs, preparing take-off of material and
supervision of the progress of work.
- Manage enlargement and new construction projects from inception to completion.
- Manage the interactions between different stakeholders involved in the capital projects (School Principals,
Maintenance team, hired professionals (architects, engineers, laboratories, etc.), general contractors and sub-
- Travel frequently to Nunavik communities to supervise the progress of the job sites and to ensure compliance with
the plans and specifications by the different contractors.
- Participate in the preparation and monitoring of the Material Resources capital budgets.
- Implement the training materials for hands-on technical training to the unskilled employee.
- Carry out any other related tasks required by the supervisor.
- A Diploma of collegial studies in architectural design or mechanical or electrical engineering or other appropriate
fields of study.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience.
- A valid certificate of competence for the practice of a trade which is relevant to the position.
- Ten (1 0) years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the above-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate
who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of
employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 6* as per the working conditions of KI managers:
- Deep knowledge of construction and renovation project management;
- Good understanding of the Quebec’s building code and northern building construction technique;
- Knowledge of the Act Respecting Contracting by Public Bodies;
- Bilingual English and French (spoken and written);
- Strong leadership, organizational and administration abilities;
- Must be willing to travel frequently in Nunavik as required.
- Valid driver's permit.
from $74,250 to $98,997 annually depending on qualifications
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to
other benefits such as:
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- 25 days of annual vacation
- Up to 1 0 recuperation days
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS:
4:00 pm, March 5, 2020
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate PROJMANAGER2002-01 in the subject
of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.