Homewood Health is Canada's leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
With over 130 years of experience, Homewood Health Centre is one of Canada's largest and leading facilities for medically focused, physician-led treatment of mental health and addiction disorders.
Homewood is growing and is looking for Psychiatrists to join our Psychiatry Services team. You will be an active member of the core inter-professional team which includes psychology, nursing, social work, occupational therapy, recreational therapy, horticulture therapy and addiction services support.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
What you'll be doing
- Work individually with patients as the admitting psychiatrist, providing comprehensive diagnostic assessments, determining pharmacologic treatments and provide ongoing monitoring during the patient’s treatment course
- Participate in group based programming by facilitating/co-facilitating groups
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all team members as well as other consultants/clinicians in the health centre to provide comprehensive care to each patient
- Engage in the ongoing process of quality review and improvement of our programming
- Share your unique knowledge and experience with the team through your daily interactions, mentoring and specific teaching sessions
- Demonstrate professionalism in practice by upholding the standards that relate to all areas of practice, including communication and documentation
What we're looking for
- Member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and the Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a psychiatrist in a similar role is preferred
- Interest in working with complex and comorbid disorders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Interest in learning and teaching to continually enhance patient care
- Ability to create an environment that supports team spirit and collaboration across the organization
- Experience in delivering group therapies would be a welcome asset
- Ability to inspire others to be accountable through action, decisions and/or communications
- Demonstrated commitment to Homewood’s Values (Service Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity)
- Commitment to working within Homewood’s Health and Safety Standards
Why work with us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.