WHO ARE WE?
VNHS’s mandate is to provide safe, secure and affordable housing. Although our original and ongoing mandate is to focus on the housing needs of the urban Aboriginal community we have expanded our operations to include housing solutions for seniors, youth, women at risk, persons living with mental illness, homeless and at risk populations.
The Marketing Student is responsible for providing daily marketing and technical support in all activities related to digital media and website updates to enhance VNHS website and social media sites, as well as assisting with internal communications for wellness and social programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and create and update marketing items and website information as directed from senior management.
- Coordinate and create various publications and communication for postings internally and externally.
- Coordinate and create publications and newsletters working with Program Managers and Senior Management.
- Coordinate social committee events, activities and communications.
- Coordinate and organize Wellness program activities and communications.
- Assist in compiling Society news and media stories.
- Assist with posting career site a current opportunities.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned.
- Experience working in the Aboriginal community an asset
- Enrolled in Marketing, Digital Media, and /or Communication program.
- Must have exceptional technical writing skills for customers and other external viewers;
- Working knowledge of various software programs including MS-Office XP (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and/or Exchange, MS-Windows Notepad (or similar text editors), and Windows Explorer.
- Outgoing & cooperative in meeting and dealing with internal and external staff.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Indigenous Community: 1 year (Preferred)