POSITION: Payroll & Benefits Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Central Services
REPORTS TO: Manager, Finance & IT
Aquilini Group (“AG”) is a diversified family business founded in Vancouver, BC more than 50 years ago with roots in the real estate development and construction industry. In addition to its ongoing pursuits in real estate development and construction, AG has expanded its holdings to include assets in the sports & entertainment, renewable energy, aquaculture, tourist attractions, restaurants and food & beverage industries.
Residing within the Central Services team of the Aquilini Group and working alongside the Payroll & Benefits Specialist, the Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for performing full-cycle payroll processing for multiple entities and benefit administration. The incumbent performs the responsibilities with utmost confidentiality and accuracy while adhering to applicable payroll related legislation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned, as required)
- Assists in processing full-cycle payroll from new hire to termination for both bi-monthly salaried payroll cycles and hourly bi-weekly payroll cycles for employees across Canada and the US.
- Assists in preparing and reconciling remittances for payroll deductions and ensures that employer portions are paid within strict deadlines.
- Completes monthly and year-end reconciliations for payroll and benefit accounts.
- Completes year end payroll procedures including the preparation and distribution of all employee tax documents.
- Responds to inquiries and is a source of information for staff regarding payroll and benefit matters.
- Issues Record of Employment forms in a timely manner to comply with EI regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal and Provincial legislation.
- Administers group benefit plans ensuring accurate enrollment, changes and terminations of participants, and accurate payroll deductions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid knowledge of legislation, rules and regulations affecting payroll including taxation, employment standards, Worker’s Compensation, Employment Insurance, and garnishments and benefits.
- Working knowledge and application of accounting functions, procedures and cycles as they relate to payroll.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to plan, prioritize, organize and implement work schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with, and provide customer service to, co-workers, other employees, and external agencies.
- Ability to make arithmetical calculations with speed and accuracy, to enter data with speed and accuracy, to pay attention to detail, and to take responsibility for completion and follow through of all tasks.
- Ability to analyze and balance data, and present results in a standard format.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to use judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Solid understanding of Canadian payroll
- PCP designation is preferred
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume by clicking the “Apply Now” button at the top of the page. This position will remain open until filled.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Benefits Administration: 2 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19