What we offer
In addition to competitive wages and a rewarding career where you can truly make a difference, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that meets the various needs of our diverse employees, including:
- Three Weeks paid vacation with four additional paid personal days
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Maternity and Parental Leave Top Up
- Fitness Membership discount
- Annual Tuition Reimbursement
This job offers the opportunity to work from home as part of a hybrid work arrangement. This arrangement will allow you to work some days at a TCHC work location and the rest of the time from home. The amount of time required to work at a TCHC work location is flexible, while considering operational and service delivery requirements
Make a difference
Do you see yourself working for one of the largest social housing providers in North America that is dedicated to improving the lives of its residents? Are you a dynamic, service oriented individual who is eager to learn and expand on current skill sets? If this sounds like you, then we have an opportunity you won’t want to pass up!
What you’ll do
- Performs filing, typing, mail and courier services, and other related clerical tasks.
- Logs incoming facsimiles, courier material and delivers to appropriate staff.
- Checks daily incoming mail for Tenant Parking Registration and Cancellation Forms from different Operating Units (OU) Offices and updates HMS records as needed.
- Date stamps, reviews and inputs submitted TCH documents and follows-up on missing documentation as required.
- Maintains up-to-date records related to non-tenant parking clients
- Maintains and prepares reports from manual or electronic files and databases.
- Photocopies and collates documents for distribution, mailing and filing.
- Assists department staff as required.
- Sorts and files correspondence, records, and various documents.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail, manually and electronically.
- Responds to general enquiries in person and on the telephone.
- Completes all non-tenant parking registrations for walk-in clients.
- Refers other enquiries to appropriate staff, takes messages and pages staff, as necessary.
- Types form letters, invoices, requisitions, forms, labels, tabs, etc.
- Cuts, collates, folds, punches, staples, binds, and packages documents and reports using electric cutting, collating and folding machines, plastic binding machine and hole drill in large quantity printing operations.
- This position may require the ability to travel to various work locations in a timely manner.
- Other duties as required.
What you’ll need
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Office experience performing various clerical duties.
- Ability to perform routine office duties.
- Ability to type and prepare basic clerical records.
- Basic knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and contact you if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role. If you are selected to move forward, the process will include one or more interviews and/or assessments and reference checks.
Candidates for unionized positions must score a minimum of 70% to pass any interview or assessment and be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process. Successful candidates will be determined based on score and where applicable, union seniority. Not all candidates who score 70% or higher will automatically proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process as this will be dependent on the number of candidates and number of available roles.