Assist the Head of Facility Management in keeping the facility and equipments in good operational order.
MAJOR ELEMENTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, repair, weld and keep an inventory of cages;
- Manage key distribution in the facility;
- Ensure the overall cleanliness of the building, the workshop, all mechanical rooms and related equipments;
- Monitor domestic and biomedical waste disposal;
- Ensure building maintenance, i.e. washrooms, lighting, painting and other general tasks;
- Follow all related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Complete appropriate documentation associated with duties;
- Ensure all tasks pertaining to building maintenance are performed in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), whenever required;
- Ensure wastage within the company is reduced to a minimum;
- Ensure expenditures are only as necessary and as cost effective as possible;
- Maximize the utilization of all resources;
- Manage time effectively;
- Substitute and/or assist department colleagues;
- Perform any other reasonable tasks that may be required.
- Work is performed throughout the facility, including offices, laboratories, animal and mechanical rooms;
- Some sensory attention is required on a regular basis;
- Work schedule requires flexibility as per job requirements;
- Work with potentially hazardous products.
- High school diploma;
- Relevant experience in building maintenance;
- Reading of English is required. Bilingualism is preferable;
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change;
- Flexibility to work on changing work schedules;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Working knowledge of related computer applications.