WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though professional workplace and look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
We currently have a vacancy for a Personal Injury Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team!
- Perform LAA work from file opening to closing
- Draft pleadings, correspondence and related documents
- Review all incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Handle cold calls from prospective clients
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis, including client updates and rehabilitation needs
- Set trial and examination dates
- Maintain limitation dates, bring forward system and court diary
- Draft settlement documents, bill of costs, etc.
- Requesting records and following up
- Scheduling IMEs
- Set trial and examination for discovery dates
- Communicate with clients
- Track Part 7 benefits
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience as a LAA working in the area of personal Injury
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Punjabi as a second language would be a definite asset
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail; requires high level of accuracy and proofreading
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal ski
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT H AMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days to assist with work/life balance
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance!
Job Type: Full-time
- legal assistant: 2 years (Preferred)