National Defence (Public Service Employees)
Oromocto (New Brunswick)
$18.78 to $20.43 per hour
8 August 2021 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing or employed in Oromocto, NB and within a 75 kilometer radius of Oromocto, NB, extending to, amongst others, Ludlow, Gaspereau Forks, Roachville, Saint John, Lepreau, McAdam, Temple, NB.
WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS VIA THIS WEBSITE ONLY. ANY APPLICATIONS OR RESUMES SENT VIA EMAIL OR DROPPED OFF WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
When you submit an application for this selection process, you are not applying for any specific position, but to an inventory in anticipation of future vacancies. Applicants who meet the essential qualifications will have their application included in the inventory for this ongoing selection process. As positions become available, the applicants meeting the initial screening requirements identified by the hiring manager may be contacted and referred for consideration. Please ensure that your information is updated and remains current in your PSRS Applicant Account.
Your application in this inventory will be active for 180 days. A notice that your application is about to expire will be posted to the My Jobs menu of your account 30 days before the end of your active period. If you do not take action, your application will no longer be active and therefore no longer considered for this inventory. Should your application become inactive while the process is still open, a notice will be posted to your account indicating that your application has expired; you may select the link Update my Inventory Status to reaffirm your interest.
Intent of the process
This inventory is for casual employment which is a temporary employment of 90 working days or less, in a calendar year, to meet needs from such contingencies as vacations, sick and training leaves, to conduct special projects that are anticipated but dependent of the availability of funds.
Positions to be filled:
Information you must provide
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Experience performing grounds maintenance services including but not limited to shovelling (snow, earth, gravel, rock, etc), salt/sanding walkways.
- Experience loading/unloading/moving heavy work materials.
- Experience using a variety of hand tools, gas, electric and pneumatic tools/equipment.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Experience operating tractors; plow trucks, sanders, trackless units for snow removal.
- Experience assisting skilled tradespersons.
- Experience cleaning up hazardous material / fuel spills.
- Experience in traffic control practices and concrete, asphalt or gravel road repairs.
- Experience operating Chainsaws / Thinning saws.
- Possess a DND 404.
- Increase employment equity representation, specifically through the recruitment of Aboriginal people, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and women.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime, if required by the employer.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
- Possession of Canadian Drivers Licence equivalent to a Class 5 Drivers License in the Province of New Brunswick and must be able to obtain a DND 404 driving permit.
- Mobility as it related to climbing ladders and confined space entry. Must be capable of heavy lifting. Must be able to work at heights. Must be able to wear all appropriate personal protective equipment. Physically, must be able continuously lift up to 30 lbs. Must be willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
Reference checks may be sought.
An interview may be administered.
A test may be administered.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
You must indicate on your application if you require a technical aid for testing or an alternative method of assessment.
The Statement of Merit Criteria for these positions are not available on the site. Should you be contacted for an interview, please request it from the organization.
When drawing from this pool, we may decide to assess you on certain Abilities and Personal Suitability factors. You will be advised accordingly of the additional factors being assessed, if your application is drawn from this inventory.
Applicants must apply on-line.
The client organization will accept applications on-line only. All job applications must therefore be submitted through the Public Service Resourcing System.
Following are some of the benefits associated with applying on-line.
- Applicants can create a profile and a resume that can be used when applying for other processes without having to recreate a new application each time.
- Applicants can modify their application/resume at any time BEFORE the closing date indicated on the job advertisement.
- Applicants can verify the status of their applications, at any time.
- Applicants can be notified electronically of tests or interviews and results.
For some jobs, applicants will find important information, namely the job questionnaire and a complete statement of merit criteria that are only available when applying on-line. To submit an application on-line, please select the button "Apply Online" below.
Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying on-line are asked to contact 1-800-645-5605.
All information pertaining to the process will be sent by email. It is therefore your responsibility to verify your email account for new communication regarding this selection process on a regular basis.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
The Public Service of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the Public Service Commission or the departmental official in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.