SENIOR MECHANICAL INSTALLATIONS PROJECT LEADER (NOC 7205)
Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is a rapidly-expanding, progressive corporation, devoted to providing exceptional service to the commercial recreational aquatic industry. Established in 1989, we are known for our leadership in design/build services, restoration and repair, and facility management, specializing in LEED design. Dedication, on-going training and a truly dynamic TEAM, combine to make this company an industry leader.
The Senior Mechanical Installations Project Leader will report to the Vice President - Projects Department Field Services and will execute projects as directed. This is a demanding role which entails working outdoors in all types of inclement weather conditions, performing various tasks, and co-managing various projects that involve light/ moderate/heavy industrial work. In this role, you will be expected to support one or more of the following projects as required.
- Develop Project specific schedule (daily tasks and goals review)
- Manages multiple simultaneous projects and is expert at allocated project
- Manages a team size of 2-6
- Coordinate with various construction trades and installers, and site supervisors at respective assigned projects to ensure smooth mechanical installations
- Ensure that Department Manager receives a summary every Friday regarding the next week’s tentative schedule.
- Coordinate various construction sub trades and installers, with department manager and assistant manager when developing their respective daily project specific schedules
- Provide job estimations to VP or client/project coordinator for costing and client pricing regarding all possible project “change notices” as assigned by department manager
- Provide field measurements as assigned by VP or client/project coordinators for estimation, costing or take off purposes
- Quality Control Program Administration including all critical path site inspections Sign offs as assigned by department manager:
- Pre- Move in inspection and report
- Project Summary Report (including Mech. Acquisition Pre-filled P.O.’s)
- 3-D Mech line drawing with actual site conditions
- Plumbing take off report P.O.
- Mechanical final start up report
- Final walk through with client and startup report coordination with construction or PM departments
- Attends site quality inspection and client hand off
Warehouse levels monitoring weekly as assigned by department manager
Projects materials usage monitoring as assigned by department manager
Apply trade specific skills daily and ongoing
Hold reliable skill set base daily and ongoing
Responsible for departmental development as assigned by department manager
Provide leadership and mentoring/coaching to staff daily and on going
Confirm receipt of weekly schedules via email, and use the schedule to achieve an efficient week
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Residents, and/or Newcomers to Canada who possess applicable Work Visa & S.I.N. card
- Specifically-skilled, hands-on expertise in pool & spa mechanical, 2.5”+ PVC plumbing, copper welding, process piping and embedded concrete fittings/fixtures.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience, and proven ability to competently lead & mentor a team
- Physically fit and able to handle heavy industrial work
- Hands on process piping (from A to B)
- Hands on mechanical room build – Being able to take a 2D picture, and build a 3D mechanical room
- Experience with pool & hot tubs, water features, and/or heating loops
- Direct Site Supervisory experience is a must
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication and listening skills (able to execute direct instructions)
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills, and attention to detail
- Technically inclined
- Flexible and adaptable, and able to champion a wide range of responsibilities
- An extremely reliable Team player, who can also work efficiently independently
- Ability to crisis manage, and problem solve effectively
- Able to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion with minimal supervision
- Post secondary diploma/degree
- Must have a valid driver’s license & clean driver’s abstract and a reliable vehicle to get to the office. (not easily accessible via public transit)
- Must be notoriously dependable
- Must be able to work 6-day work week and very long hours during peak seasons (April to early July and mid-Aug through to end of October)
- Start times between 6:00 & 7:00 a.m. at various sites around the GTA and weekly meetings at head office.
- Coverage under our insurance and our WSIB
- Non-unionized environment - opportunity for cross-training and advancement.
- Use of company power tools
- Uniform allowances;
- We offer: paid O/T & Stat holidays, Medical/Dental benefits; Referral bonuses and Personal tool allowances.
Statement of Commitment: Service Plus Aquatics Inc. (SPA Inc.) is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive environment for all persons with disabilities in a way that is respectful of the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and in a manner which takes into account the person's disability and embodies the principles of integration and equal opportunity. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is committed to becoming a barrier-free environment, and meeting the requirements of all existing legislation and its own policies and goals related to identifying, removing and preventing barriers to people with disabilities that might interfere with their ability to interact with our Firm. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. ensures that all persons within its community are aware of their rights and responsibilities to foster an accessible and inclusive environment with and for persons with disabilities. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation concerning accessibility, are rigorously observed in a timely fashion.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
- direct site supervision: 3 years (Required)
- PVC plumbing, copper welding, process piping: 5 years (Required)
- hands-on pool/spa installation: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)
- driver's licence, clean abstract & own vehicle (Required)