Chief Financial Officer (3-4 days/week)
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
We are a small but complex agency operating in an ever changing environment. So it is no surprise that we describe ourselves as nimble and forward-facing in all that we do. With the recent launching of our new e Learning platform, we continue to grow and demonstrate these competencies daily.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and as an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team, we are searching for a CFO with an entrepreneurial mindset who brings their experience in strategic planning, business partnership and financial analysis. The successful candidate also brings an appreciation and ability to work in a collaborative and results-focused culture.
Overall the CFO will be responsible for delivering financial and administrative results by providing strategic leadership and hands-on day-to-day support to ensure all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities are met. In addition, the CFO is responsible for overseeing a range of GCA services including Financial Services, Information Technology and Web Administration.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team participating in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
- Monitor the financial stability and viability of the agency and identify any variance/issues.
- Engage the Board's finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating models and operational delivery.
- Ensure the annual audit process is thorough and consistent with the needs of the agency as overseen by the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Manage the financial administration and operations of the agency by ensuring appropriate maintenance of books of account, monitoring investments for safety and return, development and maintenance of effective financial policies and procedures and establishing and maintaining appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Work in collaboration with stakeholders to develop and execute short-term and long-term budget plans for both the GCA and its Foundation. Work closely with the executive team to set and monitor annual budgets for programs and departments.
- Ensure that the agency meets all reporting requirements of funders.
- Oversee all aspects of Finance, Accounting and IT departments ensuring support to the Centre’s operations are at optimal levels.
- Represent the GCA to external agencies, external community groups, media, and program funders where applicable.
- Create a working environment consistent with the GCA’s vision, mission, and values by coaching and mentoring direct reports and empowering them to do their best work. Establish and review annual performance plans and develop a plan for skill development.
- Minimum Qualifications Required:
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years at a senior-level (C-Suite) in either profit or not-for-profit organizations.
- CPA, CA designation or MBA. * Demonstrated experience as a true business partner, leader and influencer with strong analytical, quantitative and conceptual insights to achieve growth.
- Experience in setting priorities, developing work/program schedules, monitoring quality and reporting on program outcomes.
- Comfortable working at all levels and across several departments with a client focus and collaborative mindset.
- Experience working and presenting to Boards.
- Experience working in the professional service or healthcare sector considered an asset.
- Experienced people manager able to multi task people and projects to drive progress and professional development.
- Proven in depth not-for-profit GAAP and fund reporting considered an asset. Sound knowledge of current financial and accounting practices and tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with a comfort level of speaking in public forums.
- Consensus building and problem solving skills that can be applied in multiple situations.
- Proficient use of accounting software and Microsoft Office.
Hours of Work
Additionally, our client offers competitive compensation and a flexible work week and for those with other interests, passions or family commitments. This will be an especially attractive opportunity for those who need flexibility as it relates to hours of work…our client offers flexible work hours and an opportunity to work three to four days per week as opposed to the traditional five day per week Monday to Friday model.
How to be Considered for this Opportunity
To explore this opportunity please apply online with your resume in word or PDF format via email as soon as possible to quoting project GCA-CFO.
If you wish to speak with our Executive Recruiter please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1 or Amy Oliveira at 416-214-9299 x4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Type: Part-time