Rainbow Foods is seeking a full-time cashier and customer service associate to join our team. To be considered, candidates must be available to work mornings, evenings, week days and weekends.
We require our associates to be adaptable, work with a high degree of professionalism and possess outstanding customer service skills. If you have previously worked within a customer service role, have an amazing ability to problem solve and maintain impeccable standards in work ethic, please submit your resume and cover letter.
- To serve customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- To assist customers whenever required and give the best service and information available.
- To call for cashier backup when required
- To ensure that customers are treated with respect and each transaction is started and ended with a suitable acknowledgement.
- To give the customer your full attention from the beginning through the end of the transaction.
- To ensure that bags are packed safely and that the customer leaves with all of their items.
- To ensure that customers are handed their receipt to ensure prompt and accurate returns or queries.
- To accurately count your float at the beginning and end of your shift and doing drops as required.
- To ensure that customers are handed their change and it is counted back to them.
- To ensure the safe and appropriate disposal of discarded sales receipts.
- To perform each cash transaction in a fast, efficient and accurate manner.
- To make sure that cash and electronic payments, cash drops and settlements are executed with security and professionalism at all times.
- To deal with returns in a responsible manner that protects the store from misuse while providing great customer care.
- To seek the help of Data Entry staff for the necessary swift resolution of a product scanning issue.
- To record low priority scanning issues for timely management by Data Entry.
Essential Job Tasks:
- Must have experience in customer service and operating a cash system.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time (8 hour shifts)
- Must be able to bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
- Must be able to bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Must be able to bend and lift loads. Push and pull carts.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to work in a high stress and at times quiet environment.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be able to own a problem and see it through to resolution.
- 6 months experience working cash/customer service and related knowledge considered an asset.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the Health Food industry considered an asset.
Rainbow Foods is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
Rainbow Foods is a values-led company with a deep commitment to serving our community. Members of our team are expected to adhere to and champion our corporate philosophy at all times. For more on our company’s vision, please refer to our website at www.rainbowfoods.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- On-site Parking
- Store Discount
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- retail : 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- cashier: 1 year (Preferred)
- phone system: 1 year (Preferred)