Job title :
PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Penticton Regional Hospital is looking for a Casual Patient Porter to join their team! - if you have completed Grade 10, plus one year's recent experience....Apply today!
This position assists and transports patients, their personal belongings, equipment, specimens and supplies to and from various locations within the hospital. Duties may include:
Hours of work:
- Communicates with Nursing Units regarding patient transport;
- Transports medical apparatus and/or equipment;
- Assists with lifting and transferring patients to and from beds, stretchers, wheelchairs and/or other devices, as instructed;
- Assists to position patient including holding limbs for procedures including x-ray testing, and pre-operative and post-operative procedures, as instructed;
- Ensures patient comfort and readiness for transport to designated area;
- Transports deceased patients to the morgue;
- Cleans, stores, retrieves and returns supplies, instruments and equipment
07:00 to 15:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 08:00 to 13:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 10:00 to 14:00, 12:00 to 20:00, 16:00 to 22:00 – Rotating Days, Evenings
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Penticton, the place where other people come for holidays, has one of the best year round climates in Canada. Enjoy the two pristine lakes with miles of beach and surrounded by tree lined mountains, acres of parks and wilderness trails perfect for hiking and mountain biking in summer or skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing in winter. Designated the "Wine Route” of the Okanagan, Penticton has over 100 wineries at its doorstep.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2020! This special designation recognizes the BC employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of Grade 10,
- One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.