Private well established commercial art gallery seeking a new Gallery Associate who will offer valuable support to our team, completing a wide variety of gallery tasks including fine art sales, client liaising, gallery maintenance, assistance with exhibition planning and promotion, artwork installation, artwork inventory, and a multitude of administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will have notable experience in comparable high-end sales and possess an understanding of commercial art gallery work.
- 3-5 years successful experience in sales. within the art industry is an asset
- Knowledge of the Canadian and Historical fine art markets an asset
- Experience installing and hanging artwork is an asset
- Post secondary education in the arts an asset
- Drivers license is essential
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, positive attitude and desire to learn from and work collaboratively with fellow staff memebers
- Ability to work independently and within defined timelines
- High level of professionalism and maturity with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Well organized and high attention to detail and careful attention to accuracy with ability to multi-task
- Computer proficiency is essential, (photoshop or media software an asset)
- "Go the extra mile" to drive sales
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Manage correspondence and engage with clients
- Participate in events and exhibits
- Very strong administratively and able to execute all the organizations administrative duties as per internal practices and policies
- Assist in maintaining a professional gallery space
- Ability to lift artwork up to 30 lbs.
- Work Tuesday to Saturday
- Clear understanding of the importance of client confidentiality and privacy considerations
- Criminal record check may be required
This position reports directly to the Gallery Manager and salary will commensurate with skill level and experience.
Please email your resume and indicate your earliest availability and salary expectations.
Note that due to the number of applicants we receive, only those receiving interview offers will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time