Come be part of an amazing team of HR professionals while learning, growing and contributing in a meaningful and impactful way.
We are seeking an HR Partner to provide HR advice and coaching to Leaders in their client group in order to develop and implement human resource and talent strategies, improve service, achieve goals, and resolve issues. You will utilize your knowledge and expertise on all aspects of the employment relationship including: talent acquisition and management, total compensation, learning & development, performance management, labour relations, and employee engagement. You will also advise on collective agreements, non-contract terms and conditions, legal statutes and organizational policy, as well as collaborate with leaders to negotiate resolution to labour relations and employee relations issues.
In addition to a Bachelor's degree in a related area such as Human Resource or Business Administration and five (5) years' recent related experience in a large, complex, multi-union organization, you have the following skills/abilities:
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines and labour law
- Demonstrated consulting, coaching, and facilitation skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Commitment to client service, teamwork, and collaboration
- Ability to organize work and manage competing and shifting priorities
- Ability to manage self in a variety of situations, maintaining a high level of professionalism.
Please note that this position offers the flexibility to work from home and be based anywhere on Vancouver Island.
About our team
When you join Island Health, you will have the support of a team of HR professionals and specialists. Our structure includes six smaller teams that feed into a larger HR team to foster close working relationships. It is the people that make this a great place to work. You’ll enjoy plenty of opportunity for learning and growth, and career development while playing a significant role in contributing to the care of patients and clients through meaningful work.
What to expect?
Variety - You will were work amongst an interdisciplinary team of HR professionals, working with different program areas within Island Health supporting a diverse group of people with varying backgrounds and experiences.
Great Compensation – We offer a total compensation package that includes great benefits, Pension, excellent vacation policies, and a remote/hybrid work schedule to suit your working needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39.91-$57.37 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care