FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Insurance Company of Canada
Manager – Capital Management & Treasury
Your Future Team
AIG Canada is part of American International Group, Inc. a global insurance solutions provider serving more than 90 million clients in 80 countries and jurisdictions, with the support of over 48,000 employees worldwide.
For over 50 years, AIG Insurance Company of Canada (AIG Canada) has been a national leader of insurance solutions within Canada. AIG Canada provides a wide range of business and consumer products through a large network of independent brokers and direct to consumers. With a workforce of approximately 430 dedicated insurance professionals, AIG Canada prides itself upon our innovative insurance products, underwriting expertise, and exceptional claims service. We are headquartered in Toronto, with additional offices in Vancouver and Montreal.
Purpose of the role:
Manages various accounting activities for AIG Canada including capital management & capital planning, IFRS 17 implementation, cash management, intercompany expenses, accounts payable. Other ad-hoc activities as required by AVP Finance.
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise in relation to expense management, accounts payable and cash related activities
- Manage offshore finance center personnel (cash items, expense and payment team)
- Partner with Global Treasury counterparts to monitor daily cash positioning and forecasts, ensuring adequate liquidity is available daily to meet the business needs
- Monitor all intercompany expense transactions. Ensure timely settlement and reconciliation. Work closely with Transfer Pricing team on related party transactions
- Responsible for monthly expense closing, cost allocation, and variance analysis
- Act as point of contact for daily banking activities with local banks, ensuring all issues are addressed or escalated as appropriate
- Work closely with controller team, ensuring all activities are completed accurately and efficiently. Review Blackline reconciliation on selected general ledger accounts monthly
- Participate in certain statistical fillings to regulators (IBC, GAA, OSFI)
- Escalate issues as necessary and contribute to addressing service issues with internal and external customers and vendors
- Assist AVP Capital and Treasury with capital management and optimization initiatives, including modeling reinsurance impacts and new regulatory requirements
- Enhance existing capital models to provide increased visibility to impacts of operational results on organization’s MCT score
- Assist AVP with buildout and filing of annual capital plan with OSFI
- Assist with the implementation and operationalization of IFRS 17, including, but not limited to:
Project implementation assistance
Report creation under the new standard
Review IFRS 17 policies and provide commentary on suitability and implications for Canadian organization
Determine impact of new standard and new MCT rules on organization capital and minimum operating ranges
Work with implementation partners in obtaining required data and assist in modeling of cashflows and schedules are required
- Support AVP and CFO in creation of regulatory and rating agency presentations and required schedules, data, and backup
- Work with other departments in determining capital implications of actions and outcomes, such as any changes to reinsurance structure, business performance changes from budget, capital plan adjustments, regulatory changes, or new accounting requirements
- Assist with the preparation of Board documents and materials as required
- Assist with the quarterly close process and researching variances and unusual items that stem from capital and reinsurance area as required
- Remain knowledgeable of regulatory requirements and impacts on organizational capital
- Provide analytical support on ad hoc initiatives and projects are required
- BA in Accounting and Finance degree required;
- CPA/MBA/CFA prefered;
- Minimum of 3 or more years relevant experience within the financial services sector, experience in a Property and Casualty insurance company a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Highly proficient in use of Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent problem solving abilities;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise across multiple projects;
- Ability to build strong relationships with all levels of an organization and work independently.
AIG Employer Spotlight
Did you know, AIG Canada is the proud recipient of the Top Employers for Young People award in 2020, and recently named Top GTA Employer for 2020.
AIG Canada offers numerous programs and policies to attract and retain talent, such as: Formal Mentorship Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Resource Groups, Flexible Working Arrangements, Early Career Development Programs, Generous Paid Time Off, Global Mobility, and Pension & Savings Plan Eligibility from Day One.
Careers at AIG are as diverse as its people. At AIG, we value diversity in all its forms, from backgrounds and skills to new ideas and thinking styles. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is visible in all aspects of our organization. Experience the AIG movement, and join our exciting team!
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.