Globe 24-7, in partnership with an important Canadian gold mine, is looking for an experienced Chief Surveyor for one of their underground operating mines in Kirkland Lake, Ontario
The company is middle size mine gold producer located in northern Ontario and is committed to delivering low-cost production, advancing its exploration and development pipeline, and maintaining a large resource and reserve base of quality assets to foster future production growth.
The Chief Surveyor will be responsible to provide regular field supervision to surveyors as well as training and quality control as required.
- Anticipate potential survey problems and avoid them in a timely manner with a solution.
- Provide a daily lineup for the survey teams based on operational and planning needs.
- Manage some human resource matters (vacations, absenteeism, quality and quality/quantity of work, etc.)
- Maintain the integrity of the site as-built drawings to ensure all mining and construction activity is accurately recorded.
- Check all AutoCAD level plans on an as-needed basis to ensure accuracy and precision.
- Ensure surveyors update and issue development-heading updates and complete diamond drill holes, service holes, and others as requested.
- Ensure cavity monitor surveys of all stopes, raises, etc…are completed as required by Engineering.
- Lead the month end processes through tracking and reporting monthly advance of mine development and rehabilitation.
- Ensure routine check surveys mare performed to ensure precision and accuracy are maintained in all mine survey date and control points.
- Keep track of required survey equipment calibration and repairs.
- Provide input to the annual engineering budget.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
- Survey/Engineering Technical Diploma (2 years or greater) required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in underground operating mine sites.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Promine, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of mine design software is an asset (Deswik, Studio 5).
- Proficiency with GPS, total station and conventional survey equipment.
- Able to coach/mention, and share safety and ethical behaviors
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a time environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Willingness to relocate to Kirkland Lake or Timmins, ON
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and will be discussed discretely with suitable candidates.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Underground Surveyor: 6 years (Preferred)
- Working: 7 years (Preferred)