RELOCATION IN THE COMMUNITY OF MISTISSINI IS DESIRABLE
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who conceived, updates, analyzes and evaluates programs aimed at the psycho-social rehabilitation of the users.
- Ensure psychoeducation intervention and care plan to the clients of the YHS;
- Participates to the development, implementation, evaluation and review of rehabilitation programs, and of standards of the professional practice;
- Gives support to the rehabilitation staff to understand the family dynamic;
- Participates to the identification of the needs and to the presentation of the youth’s clinical profile;
- Ensures that the client's family and other significant people or legal representatives are integrated, as appropriate, into the departmental practice process;
- Supports different levels of planning (strategic, tactical and operational) and participate in the development of projects by collaborating on the development of clinical plans;
- Ensures any other related tasks at the immediate supervisor request.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Psychoeducation.
- Member in good standing of OPPQ (ordre des psychoeducateurs et psychoeducatrices du Quebec).
- Two (2) years of relevant experience;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability in the identification and analysis of the clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Demonstrated experience in planning, adapting, developing and implementing new programs, and maintaining existing programs;
- Knowledge of legislations, mainly Youth Protection Act and Youth Criminal Justice Act is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience with working with youth and their families;
- Knowledge of community based interventions;
- Knowledge of First Nation health/social service models, trends and issues is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language, social/health issues and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigm is an asset;
- Ability in computer office applications;
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills; Practical, attentive to detail and analytical;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- High adaptability capacity;
- Open minded to other's language, culture, values and beliefs;
- Good teaching skills;
- Teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or/and French is an asset
- Willing to travel frequently
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.25 to $45.22 /hour
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Youth Protection & Y.C.J.A.: 2 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)
- (ordre des psychoeducateurs et psychoeducatrices du Quebec (Required)