Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Do you have experience preparing and analyzing Total Rewards programs in a multi-unit environment?
Are you proficient in Microsoft Excel to conduct analysis and financial modelling?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate culture?
Why not join us?
Senior Total Rewards Specialist
The Senior Total Rewards Specialist is responsible for developing and managing effective organization-wide compensation and benefits strategies, policies and programs. They will provide professional, analytical compensation and benefits expertise and project management oversight in support of the company’s Total Rewards programs. The Senior Total Rewards Specialist will work closely with the Director, Rewards, Recognition, Culture & Communication to proactively anticipate and provide solutions for the full range of compensation, and benefits programs and processes to support our strategic Genuine Merchant business goals.
What you’ll do:
What we are looking for:
- Lead the research and development of all compensation and benefits strategies, programs, policies and procedures that support the company’s hourly and salaried total rewards programs
- Prepare and analyze internal compensation and benefits information relating to the company’s total rewards programs to ensure internal equity and pay equity legislative compliance
- Evaluate market, legislative and economic trends and develop recommendations for program enhancements or adjustments
- Use subject matter expertise in the design of job profiles, job evaluation, salary structure, and reward & recognition programs, and update and maintain Job Profile Library
- Prepare compensation models and financial modeling for annual budgeting and year-end purposes
- Analyze compensation and benefits related data, interpret results, and make appropriate recommendations based upon data findings
- Prepare annual budgets for salary, company sponsored and legislative required benefits and retirement administration
- Administer the annual merit and bonus cycles with managers and work with payroll team on loading and validating files for payment
- Work with Finance Directors in coordinating fiscal year updates as well as future year budgets and forecasts and budget files
- Source and manage relationships with our 3rd party benefits and savings vendors to support Longo’s total rewards strategies and processes
- Program owner of short-term and long-term disability management in partnership with outsourced provider
- Provide advice, guidance, tools, training and communication to managers, HR Team and team members to ensure that total rewards policies and programs are well understood and fully adopted
- Develop annual total rewards programs/policies and corresponding presentations to leadership, as well as design and rollout of communication materials for managers and team members
- Ensure ongoing integrity of the compensation data in the HCM and implementation of annual compensation in HRIS
- Lead and support projects related to Total Rewards programs and the HR team
- Provide leadership, coaching and management of 1 direct report, Total Rewards Specialist
- Post-Secondary Education-University and/or College Degree preferably in business or human resources management with CHRP, CEBS or a Compensation Designation
- 7-10 years of Human Resource management experience ideally in a multi-unit retail environment
- 5 years minimum as a Compensation and Benefits Specialist, developing/designing total rewards programs
- Strong commitment to best practices in compensation and benefit practices
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office for financial modelling
- HRIS system experience with compensation modules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Strong coaching and relationship management skills
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Maintain high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated high level of judgment and decision making
- Ability to produce high quality results in a deadline driven environment
- Acts within the spirit and intent of Longo’s core values, maintains subject matter expertise, and demonstrate knowledge of Longos’ business
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with participation in meetings, conference calls etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities with tight deadlines
- Travel to Warehouse and Stores will be required
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6