Our client within private wealth requires an Executive Assistant to support the CEO. This role is responsible for providing comprehensive support and requires the ability to anticipate needs, organize information, and continuously improve processes. High levels of professionalism, confidentiality, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills are required. A passion for learning about business and investing is a requirement. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an experienced and successful investor and business manager who is eager to teach.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management. Prioritize inquiries and requests while trouble shooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. This includes scheduling of travel, conferences, appointments and making changes to appointments for CEO.
- Work closely with CEO to keep him well informed of commitments and responsibilities and following up where appropriate.
- Oversee philanthropic activities and produce an annual report for charitable foundation
- Assist with management goal setting and reporting, team communications, portfolio reporting, capital project budgeting, acquisitions and special projects
- Develop documents and communication tools to link mission and values to corporate strategy
- Produce a quarterly reporting package outlining the net asset value of all group entities and investments
- Create agendas, attend meetings with business unit managers and implement a process to hold teams accountable for agreed outcomes
- Plan annual off-site for strategic planning and team bonding
- “Gatekeeper” role in maintaining personal information and access to the CEO.
- Serve a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential and critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response in accordance with the CEO’s style and organization standard operating protocols.
- Screen and direct calls appropriately
- Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports, collect, and analyze information, prepare presentations as requested.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Coordinate finances in accordance with direction provided (including payment co-ordination, tax information, donation records and summary reporting)
- Handling of confidential information with discretion
Who You Are
- Professional, ethical, and discrete
- Passionate when it comes to learning about business and investing
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can’t stand bureaucracy
- You seek increasing levels of responsibility
- Strategic thinker who can diagnose situations quickly and offer insights to bring the organization to new levels of operating performance
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knows how to bring rigor and structure to increase team and organizational effectiveness
- Strong collaborator and relationship builder across diverse teams
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence
- Experienced planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experienced with budget management
- Has the gravitas to work with senior leaders and to challenge them when appropriate
- Knows how to drive accountability via metrics and process that result in timely follow-up
- 3-5 years of experience in business, law, operations, business ownership, executive administration, management consulting, or a similar industry and function
- University degree
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
Flexible language requirement: