Deco Automotive, located in Rexdale and Brampton, Ontario is an automotive parts manufacturing facility that produces structural automotive components for Original Equipment Manufacturers (“OEM”) including BMW, Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Tesla, and Toyota/Lexus. Deco Automotives’ capabilities include; Stamping, Hydroforming, Laser, CNC Machining, E Coating, Steel and Aluminum Assembly. We are certified in ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
Manage area with respect to Employee Charter, Company operating policies, meet or exceed KPI’s, and Employee Opinion Survey requirements. Key Responsibilities
- Manage the Quality Department at either one of the Deco manufacturing sites when onsite. Assume the role of QA Manager at both Deco facilities in their absence.
- Assist Quality Manager with departmental staffing, budgeting and planning
- Responsible and accountable to ensure department is operating efficiently and division is showing positive Quality results. Champion IATF, Mafact and CPMP activities.
- Develop internal/external presentations and Report Out at Weekly Management Review / Employee Meetings as required.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team player and motivate others effectively within a team environment to get the required results. Act as a coach and mentor to Quality Department
- Encourage professional development to enhance team performance. Cross train employees to maximize flexibility and coverage to accommodate vacations and absences.
- Manage Employees with positive leadership in accordance with the principles of the Magna Employee’s Charter, policies and procedures set out in the Company Handbook that includes employee disciplining.
- Formal performance feedback to all Employees annually; informal feedback as required
- Working closely with the QA Manager, manage and Support Quality Team members to successfully meet “Day to Day” expectations, Company and departmental objectives which includes Key Process Indicators (KPI) to targets.
- Act as a technical resource and actively participate in program launch/operational meetings, problem solving and continuous improvement activities etc.,
- Reinforce and advocate the quality requirements to get to World Class expectations through effective communications and building relationships with all Deco Departments, Customer and Suppliers.
- Monitor divisional internal/external customer and supplier performance and LEAD with all departments to continually institute “WHY MAKE/ WHY SHIP” methodology. Escalate issues in a timely manner when results are not achieved.
- Plans and directs the utilization and use of all equipment and manpower to achieve the most effective results.
- Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures / Policies as stated in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environmental programs (i.e. IATF/Mafact/ISO14001)
- Promote continuous improvement and take advantage of cost reduction opportunities.
- Lean Manufacturing and 5S concepts awareness and adherence,
- Enforce company and safety rules, document violations and propose necessary disciplinary actions,
- Perform regular workplace inspections,
- Conduct safety talks, staff meetings and department/line meetings, and accident/incident investigations
- Ensure that new employees are trained on department hazards and safe operation of equipment
- Correct or commend health and safety performance,
- Other duties as may be required. Key Qualifications/Requirements
- Technical Degree or Diploma required.
- Certificate in Quality Engineering (CQE) is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years work-related experience in an automotive environment as a Quality Engineer
- Previous work-related supervisory experience is preferred
- Must possess excellent strategic planning, organizational, leadership, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills with good attention to detail.
- Must possess good decision making abilities based on data and/or experience
- Must be proficient in computer use (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes (stamping, hydroforming, spot/projection welding, assembly/robotic welding, machining) is preferred
- Working knowledge of automotive customer standards and specifications
- Able to work flexible hours and/or shifts as required to meet the demands of the business
- Able to travel to customer facilities or outside suppliers on a regular basis. Additional Information
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.