About the Foundation: Situated in Montreal, Cedars Cancer Foundation has been leading the way in charitable donations for over 50 years. Cedars Cancer Foundation is a hospital-based charity whose mission is to support comprehensive cancer care for all cancer patients – pediatric, adolescent and young adult (AYA), adults and those in palliative care – who are being treated at the MUHC.
Cedars Cancer Foundation provides a range of free services and support programs to look after the minds, bodies and spirits of cancer patients.
Through the proceeds that Cedars Cancer Foundation raises through their fundraising events, as well as corporate and individual donations, major gifts, planned giving, special events and dedicated funds, we are able to:
· Support exceptional care
· Purchase state-of-the-art equipment
· Fund patient-support programs such as Cedars CanSupport (*www.cansupport.ca*),
· The Cedars Breast Cancer Program
· Psycho- Social Oncology and Survivorship Programs
· Build and sustain awareness of cancer-related issues
· Invest in cancer research, patient education and professional training
We are currently seeking an Event Coordinator to plan & implement our Cedars flag ship and Partner events. Our events occur both on and off site and the Event Coordinator will have the responsibility of working with a team for all events for the Cedars Cancer Foundation. The Event Coordinator oversees all aspects of event planning and implementation including internal and external events.
A successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously. Responsibilities for the Event Coordinator include meeting with donors and committees to work out event details, scout and book locations, food, entertainment and organize volunteers.
Event Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues.
· Understanding the complex needs of different events.
· Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list.
· Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings while taking clients on tours of venue possibilities.
· Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers.
· Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications.
· Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports.
· Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
· Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event.
· Anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios.
· Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events.
· Assist in the planning of Cedars Third Party events.
· Strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans
Event Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
· Degree in event planning or marketing preferred.
· Previous event planning experience.
· Team management Experience.
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Bilingual, French & English spoken and written. ** French written & spoken is mandatory.
· 1- 3 years experience in event coordination or marketing
· Team oriented
Job Types: Full-time, Contract