Title: Psychiatrist (0.2 FTE)
Reports to: Physician Lead / Director of Health
1001 10 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0B7
Resilience for Life. Through integrated programs and services, CUPS builds resilient lives for Calgarians facing the challenges of poverty and trauma. We’re innovators and trailblazers in our sector. Far from a traditional charity, CUPS is a science-based organization that is defining a new approach to the social challenges of poverty and trauma. We change the lives of low-income and homeless Calgarians by addressing the root causes of their challenges. Using science, we address trauma, manage adversity, and build lifelong resilience that spans generations. We address the past and improve the present – because that’s how we’ll change the future.
This position is a part of the Health Clinic at CUPS, working in close partnership with the Shared Care Mental Health (SCMH) team. The SCMH team provides services to individuals who are struggling with mental illness, active addictions, poverty and/or homelessness.
This position (0.2 FTE) will involve the provision of services to adults experiencing current and historical poverty and trauma. Frequent presenting issues and services include:
· Patients requiring Community Treatment Orders – the psychiatrist is responsible for the management of ongoing time sensitive meetings and forms
· Assessment for Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
· Long-term, complex psychiatric patients with presenting diagnoses such as bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
· Complex Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder
· Trauma-based problems, with complexities in personality / depression / anxiety / substances
· Complex addiction and mental health patients (i.e. concurrent disorders)
The position requires a passion for providing the highest quality care and a high degree of professional knowledge in mental health treatment and support services. The successful candidate will provide clinical psychiatric services to clients accessing the Health Clinic at CUPS. The individual will work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team at CUPS, including the SCMH counsellors and other health clinicians in the general clinic. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that their clinical services comply with the philosophy, values, procedures and policies of the Agency and regulatory bodies
Qualifications and Requirements:
Thank you for your interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include both your resume and a cover letter in your application.
Job Type: Part-time