Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Agricultural banking is looking for a dynamic self-starter who embraces a team environment and shares our passion for helping Canadian businesses achieve their goals to join our team as a Senior Client Relationship Manager.
Our Agricultural banking professionals contribute to the overall success of the National Agriculture Strategy in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
If you have a winning mindset and are proactive, resourceful and committed to profitable growth and delivering an exceptional client experience, we invite you to consider this position.
As a Senior Client Relationship Manager, you will:
- Proactively acquire new clients by developing a disciplined sales approach, understanding clients’ needs and asking for business and referrals
- Deepen client relationships by providing proactive advice and solutions, being a client champion, leveraging partners and promoting cross sell
- Make it easy for customers to do business with Scotiabank by bringing the Bank to the customer and providing fast turnaround times
Performance objectives for this role reward planned and advice-based portfolio management of moderately complex Commercial relationships . You are responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer experience, cross sell, new client acquisition, credit underwriting and compliance, revenue growth and referral activities. You have a passion for understanding clients’ businesses and proactively identify needs through sales activities such as face-to-face calls.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Agricultural banking marketplace - mandatory
- Expert sales/closing skills
- Advanced portfolio management skills, including proven ability to execute sales activities and manage sales pipeline
- Developed ability to establish and maintain a referral network to generate closed referrals
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Well-developed relationship building and teamwork skills
- Intermediate credit skills; Analysis and completion of credit applications
- 2 – 5 years of Agricultural banking experience
- University degree in business/commerce and/or Agricultural studies
- Punjabi language skills – an asset
This position reports to Director & Group Lead, Canadian Agriculture.
The Agriculture Client Relationship Manager is expected to travel throughout areas in B.C.
People are our foundation and Scotiabank is committed to investing in its employees. We offer a blended learning and personal development curriculum that includes coaching, in-class workshops, team activities, e-learning, skill builds and other resources. We are also committed to providing advancement opportunities for those individuals who have the ability, aspiration and engagement to contribute at higher levels.
Canada : British Columbia : Langley
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.