The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District No. 83 invites qualified individuals to apply for the Clerical On-Call.
In the North Okanagan-Shuswap School District, we serve just over 6700 students and 1200 staff in 24 through a variety of sites located around Shuswap Lake and the North Okanagan. We are known for strong academic achievement, a thriving trades and careers program, and a rich culture of school athletics. The school district enjoys comprehensive Local Education Agreements with each of four First Nations bands. One elementary, one middle, and one secondary school offer French Immersion. Our Strategic Plan prioritizes a “students first” focus on success, organizational efficiency, and a culture of health and wellness as our key goals.
School District No. 83 (North Okanagan-Shuswap) requires Clerical On-Call to work in All Areas with possible opportunities in Armstrong and Falkland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Depending on the nature of the assignment the incumbent will be required to work as a receptionist, library clerk or school secretary.
2. Provide general clerical duties - including entering data, performing word processing duties, maintaining, and filing a variety of files and records relating to attendance, addresses, transfers, and lockers and receive and receipt monies and prepare bank deposits.
3. Communication including receiving, screening, and directing phone calls and mail; communicating with staff, students and others and responding to inquiries and providing general information including responding to angry or upset staff, students, and others.
1. Completion of Grade 12, including secretarial training (Administration Program) at a community college or vocational school.
2. Six (6) months recent experience in a clerical position.
3. Demonstrated ability to type 60 w.p.m. and perform clerical duties efficiently.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in business English, including spelling and business math.
5. Demonstrated ability to efficiently operate office technology such as copiers, scanners, and phone systems.
6. Demonstrated ability to use office software such as Microsoft Office.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate with staff, parents, students, and the public in an effective, cooperative and pleasant manner.
How to Apply
Interested individuals are invited to submit their application (resume with full supporting documents, proof of qualifications must accompany application), on Make a Future at www.makeafuture.ca. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Tracey Ward, Human Resources Specialist – Support Staff at (250) 804-7842.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
Application deadline: 2022-07-08