AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada and our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
The HR Administrator will report to our Corporate Head Office in Calgary, Alberta.
This position may require business travel.
As an HR Administrator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide general recruitment support including posting job ads, tracking open positions, conducting pre-screening calls, and scheduling interviews
- Responsible for HR functions in all provinces where AGAT has operations; knowledge of varying provincial and territorial legislation will be a strong asset
- Provide filing support for paper employee files
- Assist in implementation of HR programs
- Answer questions about internal policies
- Conduct research and participate in evaluating internal policies and procedures
- Help ensure compliance with all employment laws and regulations
- Liaise with Payroll department on all employee information
- Provide Administrative support in all areas including recruitment, training, policy, and analytics
- Answer questions on benefits, RRSP and other employee programs
- Ensure all issues are dealt with in a manner consistent with company core values
- Provide timely and accurate service to all AGAT employees
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related experience
- Fluent Bilingualism is a strong asset; excellent written and verbal communication in both English and French
- At least 2 years previous experience working as an administrative professional
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Microsoft Excel skills required
- Business Travel capability
- Experience in ADP Work Force Now considered an asset
- Strong organizational skills; independent and critical thinking skills required
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Be able to work in both individually and in a collaborative environment
- Customer service, recruitment experience and previous administrative experience is an asset
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants, however only candidates selected to interview will be contacted.
AGAT Laboratories is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted for a job opportunity or testing, please advise the hiring manager of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- administrative: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)