Camrose Open Door Association is currently recruiting a Youth Support Worker for program expansion. This position will operate out of a satellite office in Rocky Mountain House, and will be 35 hours a week for a contract of 12 months with the strong possibility of extension, or change to permanent during the initial contract. The position includes the following;
· Providing daily support for youth that are receiving services.
· Coordinating service plans for youth.
· Working with clients in the community to build a variety of skills including: food preparation, clean up, laundry, budgeting and skills needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
· Providing access to other Open Door and community supports.
· Responding to crisis, when required.
· MUST be able to work a flexible schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
· Post Secondary education in a relevant field (social work dipoloma/ degree, psychology degree) and/or equivalent experience with registration in field, if applicable.
· MUST have driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
· MUST have clear criminal record and CYIM check.
· Understand and be able to work within a harm reduction model.
· Be able to work as a contributing member of a team both within and outside the organization, and understand how to work independently while also working within an agency.
· Be able to initiate conversations with youth.
· Be able to proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel and Gmail.
· Be able to proficiently use and text on a cell phone.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $31,500.00-$34,000.00 per year