Supplier Quality Engineer-TCOO-CASB02179834
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer for our Saint-Bruno (QC) office.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer you will contribute to the activities related to supplier selection and evaluation with appropriate follow up actions, standardisation and supplier development strategic axis definition and implementation when appropriate according to global lead strategy. You will also will also be part of the Continuous Improvement activities in this commodity group network across BT so the network drives change and improvement on an agreed and standard way all across the related supply base ensuring that these improvements are considered, implemented and measured during the on-cycle activities, monitoring Return on Experience (REX) which then feeds the development axis at commodity level.
In your role you will:
- Execute of the Parts Approval Process (PAP) in accordance with the Doc 24 Plan and PAP activity harmonisation captured within the Global Planning Tool;
- Be responsible for the appraisal and validation of the Supplier Quality Plan and Inspection Test Plan, plus applicable SQA related documents;
- Generate all applicable PAP reports and manages supplier related Open Items with formal feedback (reports) to the SQA Office/Global open item tool;
- Contribute to the Supplier Evaluation & Approval Process and drive special process assessments at the suppliers within the assigned commodity group. Actively contribute in the definition of the specific commodity improvement transversal Projects/activities led by the Global Lead SQA such as standardization, benchmark, process optimization, key productivity and efficiency levers identification and implementation and supports the execution of supplier governance assessments;
- Conduct appropriate problem-solving activities from the output of the Supplier Performance Management (SPM) Reviews. The lagging KPI will drive these activities will be built around robust problem-solving actions (8D) and continuous improvement activities including coaching and driving open items to conclusion (PDCA or any other appropriate methodology).
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
- Engineering degree or equivalent;
- Five (5) years of experience in a relevant role e.g. Quality and or Operations role;
- Practical experience in supplier audits and management;
- Experience in Product /Quality Planning;
- Proven track records in Operational and Quality Methods (e.g. 6-Sigma, Lean, etc.);
- Good understanding of GD&T is a must;
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written) is a must;
- Excellent communication skills in French and / or Spanish (spoken and written) are desirable.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
10.06.2020, 1:10:55 PM
08.08.2020, 11:59:00 PM