LabX Media Group is an organization that is in high growth mode; we have been named to the PROFIT 500: Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies list for 6 years running and are one of only a few companies in all of Simcoe County. Lots of exciting things going on with our company and here is an opportunity to be a part of it!
We are seeking an individual with outstanding web development skills and superior problem-solving abilities, with a focus on front-end development. Working as a member of our development team, you will be involved in all aspects of web application development, including design, planning, information architecture, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Manage the Development Life Cycle from start to finish, lead/guide developers in their roles in the Development Life Cycle
- Prototype and build web-based applications and custom features using sound programming standards and working with other members of our team
- Create professional web applications and services that interact efficiently and securely with databases (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Drive innovation by collaborating with team members creating new technological ideas and concepts
- Enhance and support existing websites
- Provide Training to end users and developers
- Enforce coding standards and principles, maintain technical documentation
- Assist in the maintenance of systems
- Perform prototyping for evaluation
- Assist in Infrastructure planning and implementation
- Design, Develop, and Implement deployment strategies and workflows
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering is considered a valuable asset
- 5+ years experience in web development, most recently in a senior role
- 2+ years working in an Agile development environment
- Preferred background knowledge and experience with PHP, Node.js, React, SQL Queries as required for Senior Developer
- Magento experience for eCommerce platform development is an asset
- Strong knowledge of source control (such as GIT) and standard development environments
- Excellent and demonstrative problem-solving capabilities
- Good task estimation and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of SEO best-practices
- Interest in the latest trends in UI/UX web application design
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum software development methodology a benefit (JIRA)
- Knowledge of command line tools such as Gulp, Webpack, and Docker are valuable assets
This position is a remotely-based, full-time position.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
The health and safety of our employees is our highest priority, we will continue to monitor the
evolving situation and with guidance from local health officials plan our return to the office
accordingly. All recruitment will be conducted remotely.