CARSTAR Sudbury is seeking a qualified and experienced Apprentice Body Technician to join our team. We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable individuals to work with our service team to ensure customer satisfaction in each and every experience. CARSTAR Sudbury is dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service and that begins with you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work
- Remove damaged body parts, including bumpers, fenders, hoods, grilles, and trim
- Realign car frames and chassis to repair structural damage
- Hammer out or patch dents, dimples, and other minor body damage
- Fit, attach, and weld replacement parts into place
- Fill small dents that cannot be worked out with plastic or solder.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Prime and paint repaired surfaces, using paint spray guns and motorized sanders.
- Inspect vehicles to determine damages; including test driving to ensure proper alignment
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Significant attention to detail
- Detail and task-oriented
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to work both cooperatively in a team setting and individually on assigned tasks
Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school education
- Training and/or previous experience in a body shop role would be an asset
- Experiences with vehicle repairs or mechanics
*Potential for reimbursement of relocation costs
CARSTAR Sudbury welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Auto Body Repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Required)
- Red Seal (Preferred)