Reporting to the Manager, Production and Support Services, is responsible for assisting in all aspects of food preparation, service, delivery, collection and clean-up in accordance with Ministry of Health Long Term Care (LTC) Standards, Health Protection & Promotions Act, The Occupational Health & Safety Act and Departmental Policy.
- Assists in the preparation of large quantities of food to meet the production requirements of the facility, its related functions and outreach programs.
- Sets tables in dining area for resident’s meals.
- Delivers trays to serving areas for the service of meals.
- Portions and serves food to residents in dining rooms.
- Assists in the feeding of residents and documentation of meal intake.
- Collects all soiled dishes, utensils and trays and returns to clean-up area.
- Operates commercial cleaning equipment; transports food/material/supplies to food service areas by hand or hand truck.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, as appropriate, from the residents.
- Ensures that services provided meet Regional customer service standards.
- Participates in facility C.Q.I. and Occupational Health and Safety programs and on committees, as directed.
- Performs all duties in accordance with applicable long term care legislation, Ministry of Health & Long Term Care standards, and all policies and practices of the Branch.
- Assists in on the job “buddy training system” of other employees, as assigned.
- May occasionally be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours, as related to the Departmental Emergency Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- Successful completion of two years of Secondary School or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must hold a Food Service Worker Certificate or be enrolled in a Food Service Worker training program offered by an established College and able to obtain the Certificate within three years of appointment.
- Completion of an approved Food Safety Course.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
- Minimum one (1) year's experience in the dietary department of a health care facility.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.