Reporting to the National Director of Business Administration and Finance, the National Business Administration Manager (NBAM) is responsible for streamlining the various day-to-day business and administrative processes in an effort to maximize quality and efficiency of operations while reducing costs. The National Business Administration Manager oversees a team of Business Administration Coordinators and Office Administrators who proactively support the organization’s strategic objectives and deliver high quality results that meet or exceed the business’ needs and commitments.
1. Management Duties:
- Understand the day to day operations of the department and coordinate goals, deadlines, and projects for the Business Administration team.
- Supervise clerical and administrative personnel by communicating job expectations, conducting regular check-ins, assessing staff performance and providing real-time feedback, direction, coaching, training opportunities and discipline where appropriate to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Lead and inspire Business Administration Team to work to their highest capabilities and foster teamwork, in order to provide exceptional client service while holding the team accountable for results.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the skillset and motivational drivers of each team member in order to liaison with senior management on behalf of the team.
- Share key communications and chair periodic meetings with the team to foster continuous improvement, knowledge sharing and team-building, and provide regular follow up to ensure task completion within the established timelines.
- Manage team task allocations and leave requests (e.g., vacation, sick time) to optimize support and ensure adequate coverage and distribution of resources for seamless partner support and client service delivery.
2. Operational Consistency and Effectiveness Leadership:
- Develop, review, improve and implement organizational policies, procedures and administrative systems.
- Ensure operations adhere to new and existing internal policies and applicable legislative and government regulations.
- Drive process improvements, analyze and identify opportunities for standardization, make recommendations and promote best practices as they relate to personnel, workflow, cost reduction, recordkeeping, and performance standards with the goal of achieving smooth and efficient operations.
- Actively build relationships and solicit feedback from internal and external stakeholders to keep abreast of all organizational changes and changing business requirements.
- Work with accounting and management teams to monitor costs and expenses and assist in budget preparation.
- Plan, schedule, and promote office events, including meetings, conferences, and training sessions.
- Oversee the collection, organization, and storing of information using electronic and paper based filing systems.
- Oversee special projects and track progress towards company goals.
- Build new and expand existing skills by engaging in educational opportunities.
- Ensure the clear, concise, and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations.
LEADERSHIP AND CRITICAL RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Finance & Property Board in collaboration with the Director
- Real Estate Advisory Board in collaboration with the Director
- This position reports directly to the National Director of Business Administration and Finance
- This position has the following direct reports:
- Business Administration Coordinators
- Office Administrators
FINANCIAL AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT:
- Handles credit card with $10,000 limit
- Working environment is typically in the office in generally agreeable conditions.
- Occasional travel is associated with this position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration Or College Diploma in a related field with Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Training in or Adult Learning certification is an asset.
- Project Management certification is an asset.
- 5-7 years prior related experience in a business management role with operational and demonstrated strategic business acumen.
- Well-developed skills in leadership, organizational, and project management.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including technical, administrative and report writing.
- Strong sense of integrity with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and flexibility.
- Demonstrated capability and credibility in providing consulting services to senior management and department heads in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Respect and understanding of The Salvation Army - its mission, culture, and values.
- Able to collaborate with colleagues from all levels and departments.
- Able to establish credibility quickly within the organization as a trusted advisor.
- Seek common ground in navigating challenging issues and constructively manage conflict to create win-win solutions wherever possible.
- Able to proactively recognize potential risks and issues, and respond with solutions that engage others in implementing change.
- Excellent organizational, time management and resource management skills to ensure ongoing follow up and timely completion of projects/tasks.
- Able to negotiate timelines and prioritize appropriately for multiple projects and deadlines.
- Works well independently with a high level of initiative and as a team player who is eager to contribute to the organizations dynamics and build up the communities we serve.
- Agile and open to changing directions, adopting new practices or learning new skills and techniques.
- A strong communicator who is socially-savvy, empathetic and aware of interpersonal dynamics.
- A creative problem solver, analytical and critical thinker with a proactive attitude and strong leadership skills.
This position shall be located at the National Home Office – 2360 South Service Road West, Oakville, ON L6L 5M9. Resumes can be submitted via Indeed by February 19th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store - National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Managing Leaders: 3 years (Preferred)
- Business Administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)