Job Summary: Are you looking for a new and exciting role in the utilities industry supporting the installation of vital utility and telecommunication services for customers throughout Ontario? Are you looking for a strong, team-oriented work environment with a great workplace culture? Are you looking for an industry-leading company to learn, grow and develop with? You're in luck! We currently have an immediate opening for the position of: Project Administrative Assistant!
About Trans Power: We are a prime contractor to various utility, industrial and commercial clients, providing for the installation of high voltage cables, transformers, switchgears, street and highway lighting, traffic signals, telecommunication equipment and natural gas plant. With over 30 years of industry experience, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver timely, cost-effective, and quality solutions to our clients throughout Ontario. Want to know more?
Look us up at www.transpower.ca and see how we're working to quite literally connect Ontario's diverse utility systems.
- An exciting workplace culture built on honesty, integrity, commitment and teamwork.
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Health Benefits after three (3) months of continuous full-time employment.
- RRSP eligibility after one (1) year of continuous full-time employment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide direct administrative support to assigned Project Teams, including Project Managers and Coordinators.
- Liaise directly with Ontario One Call, and request, organize, track and disseminate utility locate reports for hydro, gas, telecommunication, etcetera for assigned projects.
- Assist in the set-up construction activities, (including, but not limited to: permits, crews, subcontractors, equipment, materials and scheduling activities), to provide clients with the accurate, timely, cost-effective and quality solutions that Trans Power is known for.
- Assemble job packages for field staff, ensuring that hard copies of all required documentation are available on-site at all times.
- Maintain constant communication with key project stakeholders, including the Project Manager, Project Coordinators, Supervisors, Foremen, Clients, Consultants, etcetera.
- Ensure hard-copy and digital project records are up to date, ensuring that all new information, documents, drawings, etcetera, are documented as they are received.
- Proactively escalate project issues and risks that require the Project Manager’s attention.
- Comply fully with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong analytical, organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment and handle multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously.
- High degree of professionalism and self-motivation, with the ability to work with little supervision while producing quality and timely work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to build lasting business relationships with team members, managers, clients, consultants and other third parties.
- High degree of proficiency with: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- The completion of a relevant College or University program in a field including, but not limited to: Business Administration, Office Administration, Project Management, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in the construction and/or utility sector is considered an asset.
- A minimum of one (1) year of direct experience with Utility Locates (Ontario One Call) is a requirement of this position.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, covering letter and salary expectations to:
Trans Power Careers
585 Applewood Crescent
Concord, ON, L4K 5V7
Note: As an equal-opportunity employer, Trans Power Utility Contractors Inc. is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodations will be provided in all steps of the hiring process.
Please advise the Trans Power Utility Contractors Inc. Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.We thank all applicants for their consideration.
Please note that only those selected to continue into the interview process will be contacted.
Reference ID: PA-2020-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Utilities: 1 year (Preferred)
- Utility Locate Administration (Ontario One Call): 1 year (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19