OAKVILLE CHAMBER ORCHESTRA - VOLUNTEER DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
OPEN TO ONTARIO RESIDENTS -PARTIAL REMOTE WORK AVAILABLE
This is a Volunteer position. Oakville and surrounding region applicants welcomed.
This is a high profile, exciting volunteer position for an experienced marketing pro and for an associate
- Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive multi-channel marketing strategy that helps achieve objectives approved by the Board
- Helps develop, execute and manage OCO’s brand, social media, website, publications, marketing, advertising, and communications in a proactive and strategic manner
- Success is measured by achieving increasing levels of recognition of OCO leading to a target number of concert attendees and associated revenues
- A passion for music and previous experience in event organizing is desirable
- This position reports to the President
This is a volunteer position. Some work can be achieved remotely. Kindly submit your CV and a letter indicating interest and motivation in seeking this position to the Administrator Officer OAKVILLE CHAMBER ORCHESTRA
VARIOUS ASPECTS OF THIS CAN BE ACHIEVED REMOTELY
- Work closely with the Director Marketing and the Administrative Officer to help achieve the objectives of the Board as implemented by the Music and other Directors.
- Help manage various social media channels for the OCO.
- Amplify key messages via social media, attract qualified followers, drive engagement and increase participation in events and campaigns. You will stay on top of industry trends, company or customer stories, and breaking news to seize opportunities to strategically inject OCO into timely news articles and social discussions.
- Establish, monitor, analyze and communicate PR/social media targets and results. You have impeccable writing skills and a learned understanding of engaging and interacting with different social media communities.
- Understand social metrics and are able to identify the ‘so what?’ behind them as you’ll be reporting on insights development and some measure the success of our campaigns.
What can you expect to do?
- Be Curious and constantly seek creativity
- monitor social media accounts and respond to questions and comments
- be highly familiar with the tone of the patron and be able to represent across social channels accordingly
- support the creation of monthly trend reports, campaign pulse reports and conduct sentiment analysis
- assist with the creation of organic content (ideation, creative development, copywriting)
- support the management of the monthly content calendars
- participate in research and social listening to uncover insights for strategic planning
- provide thought-starters into new & emerging trends and how they might be applied to current projects and campaigns
- bring value based upon your experience and interests within the Arts social and advertising space
This is a volunteer position. Some work can be achieved remotely. Kindly submit your CV and a letter indicating interest and motivation in seeking this position to the Administrator Officer.
- Work from home opportunities
- Company events & social hours
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Volunteer, Apprenticeship
- Marketing and Communication: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)