Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 employees across the country who all share the same purpose: to help Canadians love where they live. Our associates demonstrate this commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our home improvement family operates or services more than 630 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber, Contractor First, and Ace banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
So, join a Canadian leader headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, be part of something bigger as we expand our horizon and discover a world of opportunities!
The Department Manager acts as a Company representative to the team under their responsibility. They motivate, lead, guide, and train employees under their supervision. They play an active role in the achievement of store and Company objectives, in process improvement, and in problem solving. They also make sure that all customers benefit from exceptional customer service and can shop in a pleasant and safe environment.
Your responsibilities as a leader
- Supervise work according to set priorities and the Company’s requirements
- Resolve any issue that may arise while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Carry out merchandising duties according to the Store Manager’s directions
- Implement and supervise the replenishment process
- Manage promotional activities according to sales
- Meet suppliers during store visits
- Determine work schedule while complying with the established labour budget and ensuring that customer needs are met
- Assist in recruiting staff for the department under their responsibility
- Coach, encourage, and motivate employees
- Assist employees regarding work performance on an ongoing basis and apply corrective measures if required
- Participate in the performance assessment process and employee training, and follow up as necessary
- Follow the store’s policies and procedures on loss prevention and health and safety in the workplace
### Job Requirements
The qualifications we are looking for
You find sales and customer service motivating? You are passionate about team management and development, and you can exercise good judgment when setting priorities? Then you have what it takes to be part of our team! Previous experience will be considered an asset.