Job know-how is what you bring to the table as well as superior forklift skills, a willingness to work with people to help them get what they need, flexibility, adherence to safety procedures, and the ability to keep things organized.
Job Details and Responsibilities include:
- Safely and skillfully operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods such as steel plate, long length extrusion, boxed goods, and other items.
- Assemble containers and crates, pack goods to be shipped, and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain internal record-keeping systems along with weekly and monthly inventory counts.
- Know safe storage and handling procedures for chemicals and materials.
- Communicate with other staff on priority items via radio, email, telephone.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of warehouse and shipping areas.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and using Quickbooks will be required (some in-house training provided).
- Current Forklift certification required.
The offer: Wages are very industry competitive with a well-rounded benefits package after 3-mo trial. Long-term employees are offered RRSP matching after 1 year, and more. Company has met and maintained the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC OSSE program standards.
Job Type: Full-time
- Forklift Operation: 2 years (Required)
- Shipping Receiving: 2 years (Required)