Reporting to Program Manager, OMM Business Improvement is responsible for coordinating, purchasing, procurement and contract administration functions within the Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring Branch; developing supplier agreements, in consultation with the Procurement Office; supporting the branch inventory program and ensuring due diligence and compliance with branch standards and the Region’s Procurement Bylaw, while ensuring that program practices are consistent with relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion and attainment of one of the following certifications; Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) and/or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) designation with the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC) or Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation with the Supply Chain Management Association of Ontario (SCMAO).
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated related experience in public sector environment dealing in procurement, contract management and material management experience.
- Knowledge of municipal polices, purchasing legislation, compliance and risk, Bylaws and contract management methods.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license free of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act.
How to Apply
Please apply online by January 21, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$40.60 to $44.12 per hour
This is an Addition to staff Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)
February 28, 2019