POSITION: Purchasing Assistant
TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for managing sales and profitability for an assigned product line. The Purchasing Assistant works to purchase products from vendors and develop online merchandising strategies that support and complement the concurrent retail strategy. They will plan and merchandise products on the website and in all promotional marketing channels for the areas in which they are responsible. They work hand in hand with the entire retail team of Purchasers, Planners, and Inventory to ensure that sales goals are achieved.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop strong vendor partnerships and manage all aspects of product purchasing (i.e. account opening, orders, reorders, etc.)
2. Develop and execute financial plans including sales and selling margin in conjunction with the Planning team. Analyze sales data to draw conclusions and provide recommendations to improve performance when needed.
3. Coordinate with social media team to develop and execute media strategies.
4. Work with inventory teams to ensure that the appropriate inventory is allocated to support forecasted sales for all products.
5. Facilitate all required online merchandising needs including asset availability (i.e. images, copy) for the content management team. Coordinate with the Marketing team to ensure that merchandising of website coordinates with print and online marketing channels.
6. Formulate online strategies and opportunities to achieve the growth of Khaosbeauty.com. Identify and introduce new brands, product extensions, early launches, and unique products to meet customer and market needs.
7. A key contributor to the development of long-range financial plans and strategy for Khaosbeauty.com.
8. Assisting leadership with any other tasks as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Retail and e-commerce buying experience (but willing to train the right candidate)
· Prior experience and working knowledge of e-commerce.
· Strong merchandising, forecasting and financial skills.
· Proficiency in Excel.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Creative problem solver and a self-starter.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent