Role of Technical Sales Person
The Technical Salespersons role is maintaining the current customer base as well as establishes new business and develop relationships. This includes pricing, business development, customer service and relationship building.
Purpose and Responsibilities of Technical Salesperson
The Technical Salespersons is responsible for providing high quality service and the “Pro-line Advantage”, the individual will report directly to the General Sales Manger.
The Technical Salespersons will operate in an effective and efficient manner.
-Ensure accurate and written quotes.
-Ensure pricing contracts are kept up to date.
-Representing the full offering of Pro-Line Construction Materials to contractor and customers
-Develop new business in both residential and commercial.
-Works closely with the Pro-line team to provide the “Pro-line Advantage”.
-Maintains a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and excel to maintain contracts and pricing quotes.
Establish and build the commercial and residential Roofing, Waterproofing and Insulation with General contractors and Insulation Contractors
-Takes responsibility for developing the commercial business as well as the residential business.
-Develops a process for targeting new business with the General Sales Manager.
- Target new customers and new markets that compliment our current business
-Build and promote strong customer relationships by understanding their needs and focus on a solution selling mindset.
-Joint calls to customers in conjunction with our manufacturing partners
-Sets pricing and system contracts to maximize margin.
-Set targets and goals and have a process in place to track the success of those targets and goals.
-Provide technical support and assistance to Pro-line customers.
-RCABC, ARCA, RCI, VRCA and other associations
The Technical Salespersons will report directly to the General Sales Manger and will work as a team to develop and grow the business.
Develop a strong relationship with current and new Pro-line customers, by providing great service, top quality products, top quality service and competitive pricing.
A willingness to positively contribute to the team environment and positive corporate culture by passing on knowledge and experience and a flexible attitude towards work are essential requirements.
Skill and Educational Requirements
Education and Experience:
· Has current experience and understanding of the construction business, preferably in both commercial and residential.
Preferred Skills and Work Experience:
· Three to five years previous work experience in sales, preferably in a leadership capacity.
· Strong knowledge of provincial building code.
· Demonstrated success in sales in areas within a fast-paced, and competitive market. Must be hands-on and a team player.
· Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative, multi-provincial environment, with a track record of accomplishment with measurable business impact.
· Demonstrated success conducting comprehensive needs analysis, organization design and development initiatives.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent leadership skills including; superb communication and delivery of results.
· Proficient use of various software tools including Microsoft Office and excel.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent