The Alberta Law Enforcement Response Teams (ALERT) is a non-profit corporation that brings together the province's most sophisticated law enforcement resources to investigate serious and organized crime. ALERT is comprised of personnel from municipal police agencies, RCMP, and civilian staff that work together on elite teams throughout Alberta focusing on organized crime, human trafficking, auto crimes and child exploitation.
ALERT is looking for an IT Support Technician to fill a full-time, permanent position with the Information Technologies Section in Calgary, Alberta. The IT Support Technician maintains hardware and software, provides IT training and consultation, and makes recommendations about future planning and development of resources. This position involves server/workstation/mobile device support, network infrastructure, and general helpdesk support activities.
The salary range for this position is $78,208 - $90,022.40 per annum.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
The IT Support Technician, based in Calgary, will report to and work closely with the Team Lead of IT Services, who is located in Edmonton, to ensure the effective functioning of all ALERT IT infrastructure.
ALERT has offices in Grande Prairie, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Red Deer, Calgary, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and an Edmonton-based headquarters. Some travel will be required in the course of regular duties.
Primary duties include:
- Diagnose software and hardware problems and perform regular maintenance;
- Track, prioritize, and document requests for service;
- Install, configure, and repair servers, network components, firewalls, computers, software, and related IT equipment;
- Maintain an inventory of existing equipment, and assist with evaluation and purchasing of new equipment;
- Monitor safety and security of computer systems;
- Interact with clients and staff to ensure IT needs are being addressed, including training;
- Familiarity with the following would be an asset but not required: Veeam, MDT, WSUS, Lansweeper, SonicWall, Hyper-V, HP (Servers, Desktops and laptops), Windows Server;
DESIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
The successful applicant must possess a certificate or diploma in Information Technology, or related discipline, from an accredited institution. A minimum of five years of related work experience is required. Current security clearance with the RCMP would be an asset.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ALERT:
- Competitive salary and group retirement savings plan;
- Group benefits and health/lifestyle spending account;
- Health and well-being opportunities;
- Flexible work schedules;
- Advancement and training opportunities; and
- Vacation and paid holidays.
The competition will close on September 23, 2022.
The successful candidate will be required to submit to and pass an RCMP security screening process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ALERT is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all candidates that meet above qualifications to submit their applications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $78,208.00-$90,022.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 2022-09-23