JOB OPPORTUNITY – Registered Social Worker - Inpatient
Youthdale provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families. We work to connect families with the right programs and services both at Youthdale and in their communities. Youthdale meets the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
We are seeking to recruit a Registered Social Worker to work on all three of our inpatient units: Acute Support Unit, Transitional Psychiatric Unit and Transitional Age Unit. If you are interested in joining a dynamic and evolving team and have a passion for working with children and youth in a mental health setting, this is the opportunity for you.
« Please note that during the COVID pandemic, community based services at Youthdale are adjusted in line with infection prevention and control advisories from Public Health and the Ministry of Health
Reporting to the Program Manager (CIFT, ISSP and Social Work), and as a member of an inter-professional team, the Social Worker will provide services to clients within our inpatient units at Youthdale Treatment Centres. This position works closely with children, adolescents, adults (ranging from 6 up to age 24 years) and family members as well as the inter-professional team to provide integrated care, treatment and discharge services.
In addition, you will ensure the security, safety and therapeutic environment for the clients on the units, attending to the policies and procedures of the Youthdale, professional practice standards, and other such guidelines and regulations established by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and Ministry of Health.
Hours: 37.5 Hours/Week - Monday to Friday, some evening availability
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Areas of Responsibilities
· Conducts individual and family centered assessments, treatment planning and goal setting in collaboration with the inter-professional team.
· Conducts regular individual, group and/or family therapy sessions as per the treatment plan.
· Leads evidence-based programming and participates in interdisciplinary collaborations.
· Plays a central role in client care coordination, and engagement with community agencies to coordinate service for clients as they transition to the community.
· Completes required documentation including assessments, session notes, treatment plans and all other reports in a timely manner.
· Actively participates in administrative and clinical team meetings and trainings.
· Attends regular individual and group supervision.
· Evening availability required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A Masters of Social Work (MSW) or equivalent education is required.
· Membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).
· Clinical experience in providing assessment, individual and family therapy to children, adolescents and/or their families.
· Clinical experience providing group services to children, adolescents and/or their families is considered an asset.
· Experience in working with inter-professional teams an asset
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with using a variety of evidence-based/informed treatment approaches such as CBT, DBT and/or McMaster Approach to Family Therapy and trauma informed care/ approaches.
· Experience in working in home and/or in the client’s community preferred.
About Youthdale Treatment Centres
Youthdale (www.youthdale.ca) provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families, connecting them with the right programs and services, both at Youthdale and in their communities. We meet the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
At Youthdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. Youthdale is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply through Indeedby May 25, 2020.
Reference ID: Registered Social Worker - Inpatient
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent