If you want to work with great people and make a difference,
then the Y is the place for you!
Youth Basketball Instructor
Part Time, Earn $17.40 per hour
Sundays, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
Elmwood-Kildonan Community Hub, 454 Kimberly Ave.
Are you passionate about basketball? Do you want to share your knowledge and
Instructor, you will ensure kids develop their skills and confidence on the court while
emphasizing fun, safety and teaching the value of good sportsmanship.
Why work at the Y?
- You make a difference in a kid’s life every day
- Great people and dynamic work environment
- Complimentary individual Y membership
- Super fun job, teaching kids basketball techniques and skills!
Are you the right fit?
- Able to deliver the James Naismith Youth Basketball Program
- Ability to lead and engage youth
- Emphasize fun, fitness, and skill development
- Develop and deliver weekly lesson plans and program activities
What else do you need?
- 1-2 years’ experience instructing basketball
- Strong communication skills
- Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification (can provide in house)
- NCCP Basketball Coaching Level 1
Submit your cover letter and resume by April 14, 2023 to:
Children and Families Programs Coordinator
Submit your cover letter
and resume to contact
indicated at bottom of
The Y is committed to providing an
inclusive environment where diversity
is welcomed and encouraged. If you
require accommodation during any
part of the recruitment or selection
process, please don’t hesitate to reach
out. This includes providing you with
alternate formats of this posting.
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe
environment for children and
vulnerable individuals. All applicants
will be thoroughly screened through a
review process including Police Record
Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search
and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest;
however, only applicants selected
for an interview will be contacted.