- Technical degree (Computer Science, Engineering or related subject) or equivalent work experience of 5 years
- 3+ years' RPA/Automation development experience
- 2+ years' experience with NICE version 7
ADS bot project
The Audio Disclosure project aims to automate the intake, extraction, and distribution of 911 audio files that are requested by officers via the TPS 608 form, as part of their Crown Brief Checklist. Such process automation will eliminate the existing backlog of requests and help accommodate timely delivery going forward for the ADS team.
The intention of this engagement is to provide support to the ADS bot once in Production as well as have the Developer work on upgrading the bot to the new NICE Inform Elite version 9, the upgrade of which (from the current version 7) is planned for mid 2021.
The objective of this engagement is to provide support to the Information Systems Services Manager for the Audio Disclosure Systems Bot in Production
The RPA Developer selected for this role is responsible for activities and deliverables including, but not limited to:
- Support the Information Systems Services Manager
- Liaise with and support the Supervisor of the Audio Disclosure System group
- Participate in TPS/ITS project processes including, but not limited to: technical review meetings, change and release management, etc.
- Perform research and report on possible solutions in the form of an Enterprise Architecture Review document that identifies the current state, the desired future state and all recommendations for the new approach.
- Report to the Information Systems Services Manager and possibly to the Program Manager, Communications during NICE upgrade project
- Where required, perform business analyst role by collecting, collating, analysing and documenting business and technical requirements
- Perform and collaborate on research for solutions
- Create and deliver related presentations for Technical Review Meetings (PDR, CDR, Test Review and Production Readiness Review)
- Create and maintain a RAID (Risk, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies) log
- Create and deliver related presentations to business and other stakeholders (Information Technology Steering Committee, etc.)
- Coordinate both user-group and technical demonstrations with vendors
- Liaise with other City agencies as required
- Encourage the use of new technologies in the development of RPA BOT to better ensure that the architecture is capable of future enhancements and does not become technologically obsolete
- All other functions inherent to a RPA Developer
Description of Work
- The resource will adhere to Toronto Police Service (TPS) and Information Technology Services (ITS) core values and working terms.
- Provide technical input, expertise for RPA BOT development
- Provide expertise in BOT design, development and documentation
- Provide software development expertise with C# and/or .Net and/or VB and/or PowerShell
- Work with various TPS Units (Enterprise Architecture, Communications, Telecommunication Services) to design a solution based on developing a core understanding of the unique business needs and challenges
- Demonstrate broad application of principles theories and concepts in applicable technical discipline.
- Use professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways
- Independently initiate, identify and coordinate the analysis of complex client needs in project areas such as: new/existing business operating models, innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and assessment of operational readiness
- Identify opportunities for increasing business efficiency through improved manual and automated process systems
- Plan, coordinate and conduct the analysis of client technical processes and functional requirements and the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information
- Consult on the integration of application systems into the work environment regarding the operational and training implications
- Help coordinate the technical solution development and the implementation of the final product/service
- Provide input into the development of project plans and/or migration plans
Education, Training, Certifications or Designations Required
- Technical degree (Computer Science, Engineering or related subject) or equivalent work
experience of 5 years.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- 10+ years' strong development experience with SQL
- 10+ years' development experience with C# and/or .Net and/or VB and/or PowerShell
- 10+ years' experience with HTML, XNL, DOM model
- 5+ years' experience with ability to build necessary automation components using other tools like VB, C#/PowerShell.
- 1O+ years' of thorough in-depth knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Minimum 10 years working experience in preparing: business cases, technical documents, business and technical requirements etc.
- Minimum 10 years proven working knowledge of VLS, CAD, Voice, Image, video, character (OCR) recognition and processing, etc.
- Minimum 10 years proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office SharePoint, Excel,
- Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in effective troubleshooting and problem solving, providing aid in the identification of root cause issues and ability to develop creative solutions
- 5+ years' experience with automation and tools such as UiPath, Blue Prism
- APA Application Training or NICE APA R6.7 Designer - Bootcamp part 1 and NICE APA R6.7 Designer - Bootcamp part 2 certification
- Previous experience with NICE 7 to NICE Inform Elite v.9 upgrade
- Knowledge and understanding of NUANCE DRAGON speech recognition software and how it integrates with CISCO
- Previous experience and knowledge of the following:
- Good understanding of emerging technologies and desire to learn a new software language
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
- Ability to support business process owners during user acceptance testing
- Ability to support investigation and remediation of production level issues
- Ability to support production deployments processes and performance testing
- Knowledge of business process modeling and reengineering
- Awareness of standard SDLC processes (e.g., agile, waterfall, etc.) and change control disciplines
- Ability to blend business analysis with technical skill set to develop efficient
- Experience with on premise software-based systems and knowledge of hybrid cloud and private cloud solutions with end-to-end security
- Experience with and knowledge of the processes and procedures of large Municipal or Law Enforcement Agencies
- The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, an ability to learn quickly, the capability to identify automation opportunities, and the experience to deliver robust RPA BOTS
- Collaboration with cross-functional project teams and other various internal departments and stakeholders (Quality Assurance, Product Management, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organizational and time management skills, together with the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and meet deadlines
- A team player with a proven track record for meeting deadlines
- Exceptional writing skills to create project documentation, operational documents and user training materials
- Demonstrated analytical and interpretative skills with knowledge of research design and methodologies
Soft Skills Required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to conduct professional and collaborative business and technical communications
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Must adapt to TPS/ITS working conditions and Core Values
- Must be fully licensed to drive in Ontario with a Class "G" driver's license and be willing to apply for a Toronto Police Service "Blue Card"
- 3+ years' RPA/Automation NEVA development experience
- 2+ years' experience with NICE version 7
- 3+ years' experience working with NICE Inform Elite version 9
- 3+ years' proven experience in building "attended" & "unattended" bots
- 5+ years' experience in ability to analyze requirements for creating reusable RPA Objects, processes and bots
- 5+ years' experience in builds and test automation processes including integration and
- unit testing
- 5+ years' experience in ability to analyze and resolve automation software issues where required
- 5+ years' experience in knowledge of design automated solutions in accordance with enterprise leading practices and design principles
Transfer of Knowledge
This engagement requires the transfer of knowledge to TPS personnel including, but not limited to training and coaching TPS end users/ITS, documenting knowledge and lessons learned.
The location of the engagement will be at Toronto Police Headquarters, 40 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, MSG 2J3.
The work day is 7 hours per day, Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays. Working hours will be determined at the start of the engagement but will be between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30 p.m. There may be an occasional need for overtime or work outside of regularly scheduled hours, due to tasks or project accommodations.
All positions will be required to pre-book days off.
All positions will be required to fill in a time sheet on a daily basis, indicating start and end time, time lunch time taken and activities with associated time spent. Time Sheet must be authorized by assigned TPS Supervisor.
All positions will be required to travel to other Toronto Police facilities and potential Vendor locations.
To be considered for this position you must not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been obtained. If a pardon was obtained, proof of pardon must be provided. If a conditional or absolute discharge has been received, proof that the RCMP has sealed the records must be provided.
Application deadline: 2020-06-08
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- builds and test auto - integration and unit testing: 5 years (Required)
- NICE version 7: 2 years (Required)
- RPA/Automation : 3 years (Required)
- NICE Inform Elite version 9: 3 years (Required)
- experience in building "attended" & "unattended" bots: 3 years (Required)
- design automated solutions: 5 years (Required)
- requirements for reusable RPA Objects, processes and bots: 5 years (Required)
- analyze and resolve automation software issues: 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19