WHOLESALE & FUNCTION ANALYTICS
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for delivering data science support for the Operations teams. You will be working with a high performing team of data analysts and data scientists. You will need to apply your deep technical knowledge in order to deploy data-driven solutions. You will be mapping common business problems to reusable end-to-end solutions.
Is this role right for you?
- You will be working on major projects including delivering data science support for Contact Center, Fraud, Collections and Service Center
- Exploring and leverage massive volumes of structured and unstructured format data to create actionable insights
- You will develop, deploy and monitor predictive models
- You will prepare detailed documentation to outline data sources, methodologies, models and algorithms used and developed
- Present results to business line stakeholders and help create a data-driven culture
- Collaborate with stakeholders and identify opportunities to drive business value by leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- You will access all of our data in it’s various forms and staging areas (Warehouse, Data Lake and Cloud)
- Leverage distributed computing, machine learning and AI techniques for analysis, data mining and modeling
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have a University degree and above in relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics), preferably master
- You have strong Python programming skills and knowledge of SAS or R
- You have hands-on experience with SQL language and datastores
- You have experience cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats
- You have experience with common machine Learning libraries in Python, Spark, and Deep Learning/AI frameworks
- You have a well-rounded knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
- You have knowledge of Data tools and ecosystem (e.g., Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka)
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.