RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC), an international research powerhouse with a worldwide reputation in biomedical sciences and health care, is looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join its dynamic team downtown.
The incumbent offers strategic and operational direction and support to RI-MUHC researchers and managers on human resources matters that impact their laboratory/division’s operations. The incumbent works closely with the various constituents to develop, deliver and deploy HR programs and processes.
Reporting to the Human Resources Supervisor, the main duties are as follow:
- Provides advice, coaching and counsel to researchers, managers on a broad range of human resources situations such as employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, absence & disability management, change management and employee retention and legal and procedural compliance,
- Provides coaching and counseling to managers and employees to ensure effective and efficient issue resolution,
- Partners with researchers and managers to drive a high performance culture through improvement interventions with low-performers,
- Participates in the development, facilitation and implementation of HR projects and programs including HR automation projects,
- Collaborates with researchers and managers to ensure successful deployment in implementing innovative HR practices in support of laboratory/division’s needs and objectives,
- Develops, coordinates and facilitates training and presentations on HR matters aimed for the RI-MUHC community,
- Assists Principal Investigators, employees and research trainees in all aspects of work/study permit questions and applications,
- Assists Principal Investigators with various access to employment programs such as the Canada Summer Job Program,
- Makes salary recommendations (positioning, new hires etc.),
- Manages employee leaves such as disability leaves, work-related injuries/leaves, personal leaves, etc., coaches researchers and managers on return to work strategies and best practices to promote a successful return,
- Contributes to continuous improvements & best practices to influence human resources strategies (i.e. updates and creates HR internal procedures and relevant internal trainings manuals and documents etc.), in collaboration with the HR Generalist,
- Keeps abreast of market, industry, HR trends & best practices and leverages knowledge to support the development of relevant HR strategies/programs and influence human resources strategies.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- Undergraduate university degree in human resources, industrial relations or equivalent,
- Five (5) years of experience in Human Resources,
- CRHA member,
- Bilingual (excellent French and English, spoken and written),
- Excellent communication, advisory and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to collaborate and build partnerships with a strong client focus,
- High level of problem solving abilities and conflict resolution skills,
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and conflicting priorities,
- Demonstrate diplomacy and strong judgment,
- Excellent time management skills,
- Ability to works under minimal supervision,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access).
Pay Scale :
$43,509 to $80,803 – annual base salary
Work Shift :
35 hours per week
Work Site :
2155 Guy Street
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
Why join the RI-MUHC ?
- Competitive benefits,
- Flexible group insurance coverage,
- Defined benefit pension plan,
- Several work/life balance measures, such as flexible schedule and different types of leaves, telework possible,
- Four-week vacation after only a year,
- Reimbursement of annual fee for your professional order,
- Autonomy and team-work,
- Dynamic and multi-cultural work environment,
- Accessible by public transit and very short walk from Guy metro.
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.