Job Title: Accounting Technician
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: $24.04 per hour with minimum 40 hours per week
Benefit: 2 weeks annual vacation
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: 1-122 Earl Thompson Road, Ayr, Ontario
Employer: FOOTPRINT ENGINEERING INC.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain complete books for various Construction clients/contracts;
- Prepare and submit various tax remittance forms such as HST, WSIB and source deductions;
- Draft corporate tax returns for CPA to review and file;
- Prepare information slips such as T4s, T5s, T3s, etc. for CPA to review and file
- Draft correspondence to Canada Revenue agency to deal with corporate tax matters;
- Post journal entries, reconcile accounts, prepare trial balances, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
- Posting to General Journal, set up of recurring transactions, etc.
- Maintaining or providing assistance with internal worksheet calculations,
- Monitoring of Accounts Payable/Receivable ledgers and processing payments both made and received,
- Customer accounts: billings, cashing and accounts receivable
- Accounts payable: supplier billing and payments
- Payroll management, expense accounts;
- Working with operational staff in different business units to ensure financial data is received in a timely and accurate manner,
- Ensuring accuracy of data for reporting of financial results on a regular basis to management,
- Preparation of compliance documents and filing as required by government agencies,
- Assisting with data and information requests and support documentation as required,
- Perform bookkeeping in accounting software such as Xero Accounting.
- Communicate with clients through telephone, emails, etc.
Qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field or Completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in accounting and bookkeeping,
- Experience with accounts receivable, payables, general ledger, inventory and payroll,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel and computerized accounting software (Xero Accounting) would be an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.04 /hour
- Accounting/Bookkeeping (Xero) : 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office- Outlook, Excel and Word: 2 years (Required)
- CMA (Preferred)
- College/University (Required)
- CGA (Preferred)