QMC Metering Solutions supplies and integrates several meter technologies to effectively monitor the consumption of electricity, water, gas and thermal energy consumption of commercial and residential properties.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Meter Technician to join our team servicing our clients by troubleshooting and verifying meter installations. The position is based in Port Coquitlam.
- Work with contractors to setup, test and verify automated meter reading system installations, both in the field and remotely from our office.
- Program and setup data acquisition servers for new and existing sites.
- Assist in the installation of our Rogers VPN network of cellular IP modems
- Meter reading for billing services
- Troubleshoot issues related to meter system communications.
- Perform Measurement Canada installation verification
- Create “As-Built” records for installed meter systems.
- Maintain and provide warranty service for existing meter systems.
- Provide technical support to clients and our Meter Reading Service Administrators.
- Ability to travel as required
Qualifications / Experience.
- Able to work with LAN/WAN networks
- Able to read single line drawings
- Mechanical background is considered an asset
- Good knowledge of electrical distribution systems
- Competent with standard Electricians tools
- Ability to work on a construction site
- Highly skilled in a Windows Office environment; Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, must be fluent in English
- Good customer service skills with a professional approach
- Ability to manage high work volume and shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Valid BC Driver’s License
As a member of the QMC team, consistently demonstrate our Core Values;
Progressive, Innovative, Knowledgeable, Energetic, Productive, Real/Relationships
QMC offers a competitive salary and incentive program, medical and dental package, continuing education program, flexible hours and the opportunity to growth within a dynamic organization.
QMC would like to thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional information about our Company visit us at www.qmeters.com
Job Type: Full-time
- technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)