Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
Our Central Will Bank team is composed of talented people whose diverse skill sets are an essential component of our ability to provide the highest level of legal expertise, service and responsiveness to our clients.
The Central Will Bank plays a key role in providing a complete wealth management solution for clients. The appointment of The Canada Trust Company as executor meets the needs of affluent TDBG clients requiring a corporate executor/trustee. Retention of the business of a high net worth client through a Will implies a significant level of trust, deepening the connection with TD Bank, creating opportunities for referral to other partners, advising multiple generations on wealth management, and generating an important source of revenue for Estates and Trusts
Through the use of effective relationship management skills, the Law Clerk will act as a liaison between relationship managers, Advisors, Will & Estate planners and the client’s lawyer, to assist in the implementation of the estate plan which conforms to client need, relevant legislation and company policy. The law Clerk will also act as the primary client contact for specific segments of clients within the Central Will Bank.
Provide quality service and professionalism at every customer interaction.
- Attend (via phone) and contribute to client meetings.
- Efficiently manage all incoming contacts independently or redirect to the appropriate person/area (as required).
- Respond promptly and thoroughly to requests for information.
- Ensure potential problems for Legal Counsel are identified and internal requirements/established processes are met.
- Lead/act as support for relationship managers, Advisors, Will & Estate planners, and client's lawyer acting as educational resource to business partners with respect to expectations about what business will be acceptable while partnering with client’s lawyer for drafting of Will.
- Implement and maintain an effective client communication process in concert with corporate strategies and client service initiatives
- Interpersonal skills – strong conversational and listening skills with clients, internal partners and external centers of influence.
- Effective risk management to ensure all Will/power of attorney files comply with company policy, relevant legislation/regulation and periodic confirmation with target clients.
- Ensure all files meet company criteria – age/assets/profile.
- Fully document client records. Document communication with clients, solicitors and other advisors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal partners and external professionals in the community with a responsibility to enhance the professional image/expertise of the trust company / Private Wealth Management
- Ensure all business has appropriate fee agreements in-place in accordance with policy.
- Ensure complete understanding and exercise sound judgment when interacting with clients and external professionals.
- Adhere to all aspects of company policy.
- Prioritize and manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency; meet deadlines; be flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities.
- Take initiative to identify and recommend improvements in own job functions.
- Use software programs and other departmental tools or equipment with ease and efficiency, and provide appropriate documents/information that Legal Counsel team members require.
- Apply knowledge within area of specialty in the review of legal documents.
- May be accountable for corporate maintenance including the preparation of annual resolutions and minutes, annual returns and reorganization materials.
- Understand and communicate the vision for Central Will bank ensuring that the team works toward a shared vision.
- Participate fully as a member of the team and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status/progress of project, and other relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities.
- Support the team by continuously developing knowledge in own area.
- May be accountable for providing guidance and/or training to new team members
- In-depth knowledge of estate planning and Will and estate administration.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of provincial legislations/court precedents regarding estate planning issues in multiple provinces, including complex legal matters.
- Organized with strong attention to detail, review of legal documents, management of information flow across multiple systems.
- To provide support to Francophone clients, as applicable, French and English language skills are a requirement of the role.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category - Primary
Legal Services / Counsel
Legal Services / Counsel
1350 Rene-Levesque Blvd Corporate
Apply to job
Send to friend