Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
The Apple Systems Engineer is responsible for the management of the Apple device ecosystem within Ceridian, with a focus on Hardware, Software, Zero touch deployments, updates and mobile device management. The incumbent will provide internal support for the Ceridian end user services and processes as well as any other required support within End User Support. Tasks include process analysis, in-depth trouble shooting & problem solving, documentation, solution design/implementation and communication of issues. The role may require executive level interaction and strategic planning for collaboration initiatives. The key objectives of this role include, but are not limited to engineering, design, and operational success for the supported team.
The successful candidate will be drawing upon their experience, skills and product knowledge to determine root cause of escalated issues. The ability to effectively manage the communication of these issues and possible solutions to Leadership and the End User Support team is critical. Knowledge of Active Directory, Azure, MFA, JAMF and SSO technologies will assist in determining appropriate solutions and actions to take with respect to these issues. The candidate will assist in the creation of processes and procedures to meet changing business needs or product functionality to develop strong relationships with stakeholders in the business. The ideal candidate will also act as a liaison between all users and the Technology organization for Apple devices, assisting in identifying functional customer and staff usage requirements.
The ideal candidate is a customer centric, creative, a demonstrated technical leader and hands-on contributor working with a variety of technologies and environments with excellent problem solving and multi-tasking abilities.
- Build, configure and deploy new software solutions within the Apple Ecosystem
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert, consultant and analyst to ensure high stakeholder satisfaction
- Manage and own the investigation, analysis and resolution of issues reported on Ceridian’s core products and processes
- Work proactively with the Engineering teams to diagnose and determine cause of issues encountered during support of the products
- Help select tools and write scripts for automation and standard configuration
- Own the inventory and device management process including Apple DEP
- Work proactively to minimize or eliminate recurring problems for our internal and external customers as a result of upgrades or software incompatibilities
- Maintain and help configure existing software, systems, and system tools
- Assist in providing estimates of effort, material costs, etc.
- Partner with and communicate to the project team to consult on standard work performed
- Understand requirements necessary for prompt response to critical issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of the platforms, including integration into a larger, heterogeneous environment
- Assist in documenting and reviewing team processes and procedures, and integrates into larger firm processes
- Understand disaster recovery methodologies
- Influences and anticipates business needs and requirements
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other sites
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination education and related experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience with supporting large production environments for systems across the US
- Knowledgeable in payroll and Microsoft systems and products an asset
- Experienced with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
- Knowledgeable with MacOS shell scripting and automation
- Self-motivated, problem solver
- Proven experience with technical trouble-shooting using multiple tools and methodologies
- Experience in a high level technical support environment
- Strong understanding of Ceridian's business as a whole, including customer solutions
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills to manage conflicting needs and bring about consensus on issues
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Independent thinker that can determine resolutions and appropriate next steps
- Ability to work effectively and estimate tasks within a project schedule
- Thorough, concise and detail-oriented
- Strong team player who can work cross-functionally
- Experience using various software tools and PC/Mac applications
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours, including on-call
- Basic dexterity and coordination required to use PC products
- The ability to multi-task and work in areas with continual distractions and background noise
- Must be able to work within strict deadlines and accuracy requirements
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.