Many regional Canadian trucking companies started as a family enterprise but have been integrated into larger national corporations. At Carmen, we’re proud to still be a 100% family owned and operated transportation company. As a mid-size transportation company, we have incorporated the processes, technology, and training necessary to compete with much larger trucking companies. Yet, we have maintained the personal service approach that only a smaller organization can offer.
This is why we believe in choosing the right people to represent our company. We are looking for people that CARE as it’s ingrained in our culture with every truckload shipment placed.
At Carmen Transportation, we believe in supporting employees’ long term career paths. We work to nurture employees’ strengths, provide growth opportunities and promote from within as much as possible. Inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity are at the forefront of how we operate.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and pension plan.
We are currently looking to add a Safety and Compliance Administrator to our growing team!
The Safety and Compliance Administrator will be responsible to continually develop and maintain the Safety and Compliance of our company. This includes working alongside the Driver Recruiter/Trainer. The Administrator will be heading the accident reporting and claims function and acting as the company’s primary contact. While ensuring that the company adheres to its high standards of safety and compliance, the Safety and Compliance Administrator will need to stay up to date on changing industry standards, legislation and best practices.
- Work with our Driver Recruiter on the recruiting process of drivers
- Oversee the driver orientation process
- Direct the development and maintenance of on-going training materials and training logs to keep all fleet drivers up-to-date and in compliance with both WSIB and company health, safety and general driving standards.
- Using company KPIs, identify drivers in need of further training and ensure that appropriate training is implemented
- Oversee annual plate renewals for the fleet (plating, permits, licensing)
- Attend appropriate and related insurance company training seminars and keep aware of current and upcoming industry safety standard changes and industry research.
- Ensure efficient accident investigations and follow-up
- With the help of the company’s IT programme, develop and maintain KPIs (key performance indicators) on driver performance
- Maintain driver employee files and records
- Ensure that onboard truck documents and permits are current
- Ensure that the department conducts HOS (hours of service) audits and Ministry CVOR driver abstract audits
- Ensure PIP and CTPAT compliance documentation is current
- Special related projects as required
- Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure good communication, goal setting and outcomes
- Conduct training sessions with the department’s employees in line with the corporate culture of continuous learning
- Update and interact with the President and other department heads regularly to ensure that industry trends and changes are passed on
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Safety and Compliance role
- 5 years of experience within the transportation industry
- Training in Human Resources an asset
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills suitable for a diverse working environment
- Ability to deal with people sensitively tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
Carmen is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.